I need some new draft day ideas.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I need some new draft day ideas....

Moderator: Football Moderators

I need some new draft day ideas....

Postby GManSouth » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:00 am

My 12 team league has always drafted live at out favorite bar with some hottie recording picks on poster boards so everyone can see whos been picked, who needs what, etc. I'm looking to change it up this year. Aside from traveling to Vegas, what kind of ideas are out there?
GManSouth
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I need some new draft day ideas....

Postby spodog » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:16 am

How about renting a houseboat on a local lake, taking the hottie(s) out there on the boat with you and doing the draft on the water?
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:18 am

spodog wrote:How about renting a houseboat on a local lake, taking the hottie(s) out there on the boat with you and doing the draft on the water?

Is he from Minny??? Apparently a great boat place out there!
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:37 pm

GManSouth wrote:My 12 team league has always drafted live at out favorite bar with some hottie recording picks on poster boards so everyone can see whos been picked, who needs what, etc. I'm looking to change it up this year. Aside from traveling to Vegas, what kind of ideas are out there?

You could do it at Chip n dales with a guy in a banana hammock instead of the hot chick....seriously what is better than being at a bar with a hot chick putting your picks on the board. Its perfect. Its as expensive as anyone wants to make it. In a bad economy some might not have money.

If you do change anything get Twin hotties. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:23 pm

bungle613 wrote:
spodog wrote:How about renting a houseboat on a local lake, taking the hottie(s) out there on the boat with you and doing the draft on the water?

Is he from Minny??? Apparently a great boat place out there!

Yeah, and you get your choice of lakes!

Seriously, what are you looking to change? Merely the venue, or how the draft picks are divvied up, or different format?
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby petedog9 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:57 pm

We always have it at somebodies house and after the draft is done , we play poker into the wee hours of the morning. The whole time the draft board stays up and trade offers fly about. The drunker guys get, the better the trades get... GOOD TIMES!
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:22 am

Such an open ended question. What types of things do your leaguemates have in common? If they all golf, or are ardent fishers, or something, take a weekend and have your draft surrounded by an outing. Love the all night poker draft, but you could easily sub a day of golf at special course your league has always wanted to play, same with fishing trip, canoeing/camping, whatever. The possibilities are limited only by your groups time and money constrictions.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby LeBron James » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:07 pm

GManSouth wrote:My 12 team league has always drafted live at out favorite bar with some hottie recording picks on poster boards so everyone can see whos been picked, who needs what, etc. I'm looking to change it up this year. Aside from traveling to Vegas, what kind of ideas are out there?

Whoever had the idea of a hottie putting up picks obviously wanted to distract you and everyone else so he can get the best picks! ;-D He is probably gay so she would not affect him at all.

Like somebody mentioned, you should do it at a chippendale's and turn the tables on him! :-D
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:45 am

Have 2 hotties?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero