The 1st domino about to fall - Nebraska headed to Big 10 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The 1st domino about to fall - Nebraska headed to Big 10

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The 1st domino about to fall - Nebraska headed to Big 10

Postby knapplc » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:54 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
knapplc wrote:Texas, and probably others, to the Pac-10 according to Chip Brown.

Seriously - good luck to you Pac-10 guys. You're going to need it with Texas.

Agreed. They have a solid financial backing like USC. I think its going to get even worse when a few more join.

I can't believe all this stuff is happening.

Are we going to see this type of shuffle yearly from here out.

Just so we're clear, I wasn't speaking about competing on the field with Texas. Texas has a very Texas-centric mindset when it comes to what they want and how they want their conference run, to the point where they exclude the concerns of other conference members. As we saw with the SWC and now with the Big 12, that's not a successful way of thinking.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:32 am

knapplc wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
knapplc wrote:Texas, and probably others, to the Pac-10 according to Chip Brown.

Seriously - good luck to you Pac-10 guys. You're going to need it with Texas.

Agreed. They have a solid financial backing like USC. I think its going to get even worse when a few more join.

I can't believe all this stuff is happening.

Are we going to see this type of shuffle yearly from here out.

Just so we're clear, I wasn't speaking about competing on the field with Texas. Texas has a very Texas-centric mindset when it comes to what they want and how they want their conference run, to the point where they exclude the concerns of other conference members. As we saw with the SWC and now with the Big 12, that's not a successful way of thinking.

Got it. Never really paid attention to this stuff too much so I was not aware of Texas's antics. To me successful is having a conference that plays good football and gets good grades.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Metroid » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Man the Arizona schools are getting the shaft in this. They get handed over into a division with Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M(assuming they come), Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, and Colorado....that's going to be a rough road for either of the Arizona schools to ever make it through. Football wise it really this wont be much different for the former big dogs of the Big 12 other than a conference title game against an OG Pac 10 team. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk