Expand roster size to 30 players

Yes
38%
No
63%

Total votes : 8

Roster Expansion

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:31 pm

In order to develop players more I would like to add 6 spots onto the active roster, moving it from 24 to 30

We would then expand the rookie/free agent draft next season to 6 rounds.

please leave a post you have voted and as always league majority wins.

A supplemental draft will be held to fill in the empty roster spots on your team immediately following the rookie draft if this is passed.

If you do not have enough picks you will be able to fill in your roster after the supplemental draft is over via free agency.

Thanks, MSB

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roster Expansion

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:48 pm

I voted Yes for numerous reasons. 1. I believe it will be easier to develop young players instead of cutting bait early. 2. I feel we need to roll with the times, RBBC is a huge part of the NFL and fantasy football now, the expanded roster size will help aid in this I believe. 3. I believe it will open up more trading in the league.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:15 pm

I voted yes!
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jayday » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:38 pm

I see MSB's point on maybe getting an increase in trading which would be awesome.

My only concern would be I would hate to do anything that would kill the parody (parity? spellcheck, please) in the league, but I think we have 10 solid owners, so I doubt we'll let anyone get too far entrenched as a dominant team.

Change is fine w/ me as long as it passes the league vote.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Santacruzer » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:50 pm

I too voted Yes.....but I do have concerns that it would make the free agent pool too depleted for some teams that run into major injury issues, that their depth could not account for. Basically, the same concerns that Jayday has. Weighing both sides of the change, I'm good with moving up to 30.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:16 pm

I voted no.

I feel to make changes after the draft has started is not good. Any changes need to be reflected for NEXT year. A owner may have drafted differently this year had he known that there were more picks and an expanded roster.

For the record I'm not for expanding the draft. I'm open for expanding the rosters but just not this year.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby logan » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:13 am

SeaWolf wrote:I voted no.

I feel to make changes after the draft has started is not good. Any changes need to be reflected for NEXT year. A owner may have drafted differently this year had he known that there were more picks and an expanded roster.

For the record I'm not for expanding the draft. I'm open for expanding the rosters but just not this year.

Yeah i will have to go with the sentiment as well. Expansion is fine but it is something we should have voted on before the draft started.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Flux » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:25 am

logan wrote:

Yeah i will have to go with the sentiment as well. Expansion is fine but it is something we should have voted on before the draft started.

I also voted no for this reason...and for the depleted FA pool. I like that there are at least some available players who are usable. It would also make the rookie/FA draft essentially all rookies. If we end up expanding the draft as well, it basically will come down to luck in those last couple rounds.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:46 am

voted
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:40 pm

I know I said in the other thread that I wouldn't be opposed to expansion, but I voted no for the above reason. I think we should put this on the back burner & then discuss during the offseason before next years rookie draft. :-/ ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Next

Return to Legion of Doom