Oil in the Gulf - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Oil in the Gulf

Moderator: Football Moderators

Oil in the Gulf

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:52 pm

I'm surprised there is no thread on the oil spill yet.

Personally, I am furious. We all know that the Dutch offered to sent a fleet of oil skimmers over just a couple days after this disaster started. These things not only are able to recover most of the oil, but they even have the ability to salvage it as well. Our shores would not be getting soiled and the water would be relatively clean.

WTF??? Our government has been sitting on their hands doing nothing for two months. "We're going to hold BP accountable." BFD!!!! BP already is accountable. Clean the d**n Gulf!! Stop the d**n leak!! I was ready to puke listening to the President speak last night. His segway into talking about 'green' energy and Cap & Trade seriously makes me wonder about the reason why NOTHING is getting done by the Federal government. It's almost like they who hate oil are saying, "Oh goody... now we have a reason to push our agenda. So let's just not do a d**n thing."

End rant. :-P :-t
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Oil in the Gulf

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:27 am

Nfl Fan wrote:I was ready to puke listening to the President speak last night. His segway into talking about 'green' energy and Cap & Trade seriously makes me wonder about the reason why NOTHING is getting done by the Federal government. It's almost like they who hate oil are saying, "Oh goody... now we have a reason to push our agenda. So let's just not do a d**n thing."

I'm guessing you didn't watch the Daily Show yesterday :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:04 pm

Drill Baby Drill
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:37 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:I was ready to puke listening to the President speak last night. His segway into talking about 'green' energy and Cap & Trade seriously makes me wonder about the reason why NOTHING is getting done by the Federal government. It's almost like they who hate oil are saying, "Oh goody... now we have a reason to push our agenda. So let's just not do a d**n thing."

I'm guessing you didn't watch the Daily Show yesterday :-?

Nope. Miss anything?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:59 pm

This is really nothing new, the level of spillage in unprecedented, but we've seen this before. And as long as we're driving pipes into the ocean floor to fish for oil, we'll continue to see it happen. For all our innovative ability and intelligence we have got to be the stupidest creatures on the planet. We won't be satisfied until our home, earth, is one big toxic cesspool. The ocean is the single most important living body on this planet which we all depend on, sadly money has trumped life again. Way to go humans. :,-(

Watch this

I missed Stewart last night but I think this is what Dream is talking about....

Linkage
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 pm

I work for a company who produces and sells natural gas. Remember there are well owners and well operators. If the operators say everything is ok the well owners don't dive down 5000 feet to double check.

Horrible incident. But I think when it all comes out that the fault will be on the operators with some fallout coming on BP for hiring incompetent well operators.

Obama is failing on this one. Our turn. :-)
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:39 am

Don't worry though guys, Tony Hayward is doing just fine in case you were concerned. :-P
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Obama is failing on this one. Our turn. :-)

What should Obama be doing?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:06 pm

His comment about this being his 9-11 kind of made me throw up in my mouth a little.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:His comment about this being his 9-11 kind of made me throw up in my mouth a little.

When did he say that? I have barely watched the news in the last couple of months, apparently. I'm missing everything. :-B
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk