Oil in the Gulf - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Oil in the Gulf

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Oil in the Gulf

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Did I hear it right that they stopped the leak?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:15 am

Interesting read

The oil will have stopped gushing into the Gulf. The shoreline and the estuaries and the beaches will have been scrubbed clean by man and nature. BP and Transocean will have resumed business as usual. But the original wound will never heal. This is the story of what's been lost.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:08 am

That was an interesting read, and this might sound very insensitive, but the disastrous environmental impact of near biblical proportions trumps(by a million fold) the story of the 11 oil workers who lost their lives pumping oil out in the middle of the ocean. I feel bad for their families, I do, but not nearly as bad as I do for the animals and habitats and all the people who's lives have been destroyed in the coast region since the rig exploded. Those 11 men made a choice to work in a dangerous field of work, they were doing their jobs. The pelicans did not choose to be covered in oil and die a slow miserable death. So what's more important? "The lives of eleven good men or a bunch of damned pelicans?" I'm saying the damned pelicans every day of the week and twice on Sunday. And more than that, I'm saying our delicate and precious environment is more important...way, way more important. Remember the men, tell their story, but don't scoff at, and dismiss the the bigger picture as not being the bigger picture.

Just my 2 pennies.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Just what the Gulf needs:

Another oil rig explodes in the Gulf of Mexico
Kelly Turner
9/2/2010

An offshore oil rig has exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, west of the site of the April blast that caused the massive oil spill. Coast Guard Petty Officer Casey Ranel says the blast was reported by a commercial helicopter company about 7:30 a.m. Mountain time today. Seven helicopters, two airplanes and four boats are en route to the site, about 80 miles south of Vermilion Bay along the central Louisiana coast. Ranel says it hasn't been determined whether the structure is a production platform or a drilling rig or whether workers were aboard. Ranel says smoke was reported but it is unclear whether the rig is still burning.

http://www.am770chqr.com/News/Local/Sto ... ID=1273484
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to General Talk