Haynesworth- Robbery without a gun - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Haynesworth- Robbery without a gun

Moderator: Football Moderators

Haynesworth- Robbery without a gun

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:26 pm

Everyone knew Haynesworth didn't want to play in the 3-4. He'd face more blockers than the once-usual 4-man front. So, he didn't show up for the voluntary OTAs. But no worries- everyone "knew" he'd be there for the mandatory minicamp.

But, Albert Haynesworth REALLY doesn't want to play in the 3-4, either as a NT or DE. So, his agent announced last night that, "The Redskins are trying to establish a new regime with new schemes at Redskins Park, and it is not an organization that Albert would have ever been attracted to just a short year ago - regardless of the money."

Now, the Redskins want their money back- he got 21 mil April 1st. How it breaks down (thanks to NFL Network)-
per snap- 55,562
per tackle- 864,865
per sack- 8 million
per game- 2.7 million

Another interesting angle- the NFLPA assured Haynesworth that "the bonus money on the contract he restructured March 12 would be his to keep." Regarding the chance the Redskins can recover a portion/all of the money, a source in this articles says- "This is the type of case where a long shot may be given an extra hard look because it is so egregious."

Shanahan said- "I am very disappointed because he did have the ability to go somewhere else, and we asked for nothing in return other than us not having to pay the remainder of his contract. He made $12 million his first year, and we felt that if he didn't want to be a part of us, that's fine. If you wanted to go someplace else that would be better for you and you want to play in a 4-3 scheme, then don't take our check and then say you don't want to be part of our organization... Obviously, he took the check, so I was surprised that he wasn't here today. I thought he did make the commitment once he took the check that he wanted to be a Washington Redskin. Obviously, it didn't go in that direction. I'm quite disappointed."

I'm just glad he's not my "teammate".
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Haynesworth- Robbery without a gun

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:49 pm

The guy bothers me. I've had these types of guys in my workplace before. Everything is wrong, everything sucks unless it is his way. In this case I agree 100%, you took the money, now play. You don't want to play... give the money back and go sign elsewhere.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:03 am

bungle613 wrote:The guy bothers me. I've had these types of guys in my workplace before. Everything is wrong, everything sucks unless it is his way. In this case I agree 100%, you took the money, now play. You don't want to play... give the money back and go sign elsewhere.

Agreed 100%. This contract was stupid to begin with because everyone said this would happen. Once He got his he would have no incentive to continue to produce. You took the check to play this year so play. It has been proven that he can have success in this format. Stop whining and play. Wait...I'm a Cowboys fan....Keep bitching and sit out all year ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:19 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Stop whining and play. Wait...I'm a Cowboys fan....Keep bitching and sit out all year ;-D

Then the fair thing would be Austin sitting out because he can't get a long-term deal he likes and Roy Williams remains a starter all year.

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Robbery? Hardly. It's not robbery when your boss sends you a check. It's business. That it is prosports makes it dirty business, but not on Fatsworths part. He doesn't want to play in a 3-4, so be it. Now the dolts who paid him can see if they can muster up the intelligence to find a way to fine the money out of him or trade his malcontent bleep.
And after all the garbage coming out of teammates pie-holes, you have to trade or cut Fat Albert. How stupid not to have found a way to do it prior to cutting the check. Alas, fools and their money.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bungle613 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:46 am

moochman wrote:Robbery? Hardly. It's not robbery when your boss sends you a check. It's business. That it is prosports makes it dirty business, but not on Fatsworths part. He doesn't want to play in a 3-4, so be it. Now the dolts who paid him can see if they can muster up the intelligence to find a way to fine the money out of him or trade his malcontent bleep.
And after all the garbage coming out of teammates pie-holes, you have to trade or cut Fat Albert. How stupid not to have found a way to do it prior to cutting the check. Alas, fools and their money.

Have to disagree a bit here mooch. Neither you or I know what was said by either his agent or himself leading up to cutting the cheque. If the4-3 scheme was announced prior to him accepting the cheque then he should have said something then.

It would be the same thing as you or I getting hired to do a job. If we agree to the job fine, if the job is changed, you don't accept the money and then walk, you man up, tell them I don't want to do this and don't accept the money. Haynesworth is garbage, we all knew that before all this happened.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:52 pm

bungle613 wrote:
moochman wrote:Robbery? Hardly. It's not robbery when your boss sends you a check. It's business. That it is prosports makes it dirty business, but not on Fatsworths part. He doesn't want to play in a 3-4, so be it. Now the dolts who paid him can see if they can muster up the intelligence to find a way to fine the money out of him or trade his malcontent bleep.

Have to disagree a bit here mooch. Neither you or I know what was said by either his agent or himself leading up to cutting the cheque. If the4-3 scheme was announced prior to him accepting the cheque then he should have said something then.

It would be the same thing as you or I getting hired to do a job. If we agree to the job fine, if the job is changed, you don't accept the money and then walk, you man up, tell them I don't want to do this and don't accept the money. Haynesworth is garbage, we all knew that before all this happened.

I recall reading/hearing somewhere that Shanahan had a meeting with Haynesworth about a month before the money was due. They said either find a team before that time and we'll facilitate getting you there- even if we have to cut you. But, if you take the check, you're committing to staying with the Skins and doing your utmost to help the team win, regardless of position- NT, DE, DB, whatever.

Shanahan- "Obviously, he took the check, so I was surprised that he wasn't here today. I thought he did make the commitment once he took the check that he wanted to be a Washington Redskin. Obviously, it didn't go in that direction. I'm quite disappointed."

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Kareighuis wrote:
bungle613 wrote:

I recall reading/hearing somewhere that Shanahan had a meeting with Haynesworth about a month before the money was due. They said either find a team before that time and we'll facilitate getting you there- even if we have to cut you. But, if you take the check, you're committing to staying with the Skins and doing your utmost to help the team win, regardless of position- NT, DE, DB, whatever.

Shanahan- "Obviously, he took the check, so I was surprised that he wasn't here today. I thought he did make the commitment once he took the check that he wanted to be a Washington Redskin. Obviously, it didn't go in that direction. I'm quite disappointed."

All well and good, but bottom line is the Sknis FO knew Fat Albert was not happy well before check cutting time and so took an unwarrented risk is not cutting loose the malcontent.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk