T Jamaal Brown to Redskins - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T Jamaal Brown to Redskins

Moderator: Football Moderators

T Jamaal Brown to Redskins

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:24 pm

The Saints have traded OT Jamaal Brown to the Washington Redskins. Reports are that he takes over RT, Trent Williams plays LT and Artis Hicks competes with Mike Williams for the RG spot.

The details- "To acquire Brown, the Redskins essentially swapped picks in the 2011 draft, though the details are a bit complex. The Redskins already owed Philadelphia a pick as part of the McNabb trade. According to the ESPN report, the Eagles will receives Washington's third-round pick and New Orleans the fourth if the Redskins win nine games, make the playoffs or McNabb is selected to the Pro Bowl. If none of those things happen, the Saints will receive the third-round pick and the Eagles will get the fourth.

"If the Saints end up with the Redskins' fourth-rounder, they'll send Washington a sixth- or seventh-round pick. And if New Orleans gets the Redskins' fourth-round pick, the Redskins will receive the Saints' fifth-round selection.

"A conditional 2012 pick is also involved in the Brown deal, according to ESPN. If the tackle plays 90 percent of the plays this season or is selected to the Pro Bowl, the Redskins must also send their sixth-round pick in 2012 to New Orleans."

Great news for McNabb and maybe even Portis/Johnson!
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: T Jamaal Brown to Redskins

Postby Wenchtamer » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Kareighuis wrote:"If the Saints end up with the Redskins' fourth-rounder, they'll send Washington a sixth- or seventh-round pick. And if New Orleans gets the Redskins' fourth-round pick, the Redskins will receive the Saints' fifth-round selection.

They said fourth twice. The latter one should say third.

Obviously we know Brown has pro-bowl potential. I think swapping picks is a small price to pay for what he can possibly do for that team.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:25 am

Wenchtamer wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:"If the Saints end up with the Redskins' fourth-rounder, they'll send Washington a sixth- or seventh-round pick. And if New Orleans gets the Redskins' fourth-round pick, the Redskins will receive the Saints' fifth-round selection.

They said fourth twice. The latter one should say third.

Obviously we know Brown has pro-bowl potential. I think swapping picks is a small price to pay for what he can possibly do for that team.

Agreed. I think this is a great deal for the Redskins. Don't understand the win here for the Saints.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moochman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Agreed. I think this is a great deal for the Redskins. Don't understand the win here for the Saints.

Yeah, this seems way lop-sided in favor of the Skins. Makes me wonder if Brown was up to some unreported shenanigans.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:09 am

moochman wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Agreed. I think this is a great deal for the Redskins. Don't understand the win here for the Saints.

Yeah, this seems way lop-sided in favor of the Skins. Makes me wonder if Brown was up to some unreported shenanigans.

His injury issues (missed all of last year to surgery, IIRC) seems to have cost the Saints in trade value. Also, all the guys the Saints will have to pay might have made New Orleans inclined to trade Brown.

I still think a Brown-Haynesworth trade might have made sense.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Brown was a BEAST when healthy, but this is the N.F.L. Who knows who won this trade, the doctors maybe? Or the psychiatrist.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk