20%
Williams deal
60%
Gore deal
20%

Total votes : 5

Re: Best RB trade

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:11 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Who Did the picks end up being?

Accounting for what the picks ended up being-

Trade #1-
Cedric Benson and Mike Williams
FOR
Jahvid Best and 3.1

Trade #2-
Deangelo Williams, Eddie Royal, and Donald Brown
FOR
Mike Sims-Walker, Mike Williams, and 1.1

Trade #3-
Frank Gore, Matt Leinart, Tim Tebow, 2.2
FOR
Michael Bush, Chad Henne, Deon Butler, Golden Tate, Taylor Price, 1.8

The Benson/Best trade doesn't look incredibly even to me, but it's murky. Best struggled with injuries his 1st season, but produced when uninjured. MWilli looks like a promising prospect, but I'm far from crowning him a dynasty WR2, like some seem to be. An early 3rd for Benson seems even.

I'm not ready to declare a winner in the DAW trade. I think he's undervalued, due to his injuries and the uncertainty with where he'll play. Brown has similar issues- will Addai return, and can Brown capitalize? If those two perform like I think they can, getting the 1st overall and MWilli in return (the latter was flipped in another trade) isn't worth it, IMO.

The Gore trade seemed like it favored the team that sent him packing. But, Bush may not be a FA this season, Henne may not be a starter much longer, and the grab-bag of young WRs aren't regular contributors (unlike MWilli). "Jumping" from 2.2 to 1.8, a mere 6 spots, and abandoning the opportunity to draft Tebow, rubs salt in the wound. (Damn you, MJD)
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:15 pm

Kareighuis wrote:The Benson/Best trade doesn't look incredibly even to me, but it's murky. Best struggled with injuries his 1st season, but produced when uninjured. MWilli looks like a promising prospect, but I'm far from crowning him a dynasty WR2, like some seem to be. An early 3rd for Benson seems even.

Which side would you favor then? I'm still not sure based on what you said, haha.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:36 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:The Benson/Best trade doesn't look incredibly even to me, but it's murky. Best struggled with injuries his 1st season, but produced when uninjured. MWilli looks like a promising prospect, but I'm far from crowning him a dynasty WR2, like some seem to be. An early 3rd for Benson seems even.

Which side would you favor then? I'm still not sure based on what you said, haha.

I wasn't a believer in any of the players in the trade. However, both Best and Williams produced last year. Best is a young RB, giving him added value, while Williams lacks playmakers that can draw attention. Remember the last flashy rookie Bucs WR? Clayton had more production in his first season than the rest of his NFL seasons combined.

If Best overcomes his injury issues, that side of the trade is superior. If he turns into a faster Reggie Bush, the side that got MWilli wins. If Williams turns into a Michael Clayton, they win by only a little, and largely because they got a 3rd for Benson. If he proves to be a Roddy White, who's been the only WR weapon on his team for years and yet defenses can't shut him down, his side wins by TKO.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby LS2throwed » Wed May 04, 2011 6:08 pm

I love the way my trade turned out. Deangelo Williams was the 1 good player I gave up and he probably would have hindered me last year more then helped. I never needed him with Chris Johnson and LeSean McCoy and while I could still use him he was a bye week or matchup play in comparison and I needed the WR depth. The 2 guys I could rely on were Mike Wallace and Miles Austin, and considering this was during the summer Wallace certainly wasn't a certainty.

I don't see any value in Eddie Royal or Donald Brown. Brown is in the dog house and will be gone very soon and Royal is a better real life talent then what he'll ever provide for a fantasy football team. Mike Williams produced very big as a rookie which I used his production through the season and the 1.01 pick was just icing on the cake. Sims Walker was my throwaway, who I intended on helping me out also. But I'd trade Deangelo Williams + those 2 for Mike Williams(TB) and 1.01 without much hesitation. Part of the gamble was hoping it was a high pick, which is ironic because if DWILL wasnt hurt it wouldn't have been that high.

That said my WR core was lacking, Williams has been huge and should continue to be a starter for me. I should be able to come close to Williams production if I take Ingram and have the age factor or continue to strengthen my WR's and take 1 of the big 2 there. The whole thing with my trade was how I handled my picks and what they became. If I drafted a bust last year and this pick was the 10th pick it would have looked way worse, but once you see where picks land, and how the players end up, it's easier to grade.

------------------------------------

In the Benson deal, I'm guessing that is Seattle Mike Williams in the trade since I drafted the other one. I think that one turned out fair, Williams is about a 3rd round value, some would rather take him some would prefer the 3rd. Proven guy gets you a little more weight, but I'd rather take Best over Benson but it's certainly not lopsided. Benson gets more carries, TD's, touches, without competition while Best is gonna battle LeShoure now and not be the feature guy. That said Best is younger and more explosive, but may not help you as much the 2 years after the deal. think it's even but I prefer youth so I would have taken Best and the pick

---------------------------------------

3rd deal, since were grading on the players picked gotta say side receiving Gore won. They got a RB1 last year, and this year also. Plus an upcoming QB in Tebow who might be a fantasy asset. I like Bush, but he may never be more then a flash in the pan player who won't ever carry your fantasy team. It also doesn't help the other young players like Butler, Tate, Price, and Henne never panned out. If you had came away with some Austin Collie, Johnny Knox type guys you would have been better off most likely. It was fair value before, but in hindsight looks like if I were moving Gore I would have probably wanted something a little more reliable unless you were really sure about someone in the draft.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Kareighuis wrote:I'm not ready to declare a winner in the DAW trade. I think he's undervalued, due to his injuries and the uncertainty with where he'll play. Brown has similar issues- will Addai return, and can Brown capitalize? If those two perform like I think they can, getting the 1st overall and MWilli in return (the latter was flipped in another trade) isn't worth it, IMO.

I agree the fit for DAW needs to happen in FA to really be able to tell, trust me with the addition of flex spots I'd gladly take him. But say you were an owner of him right now and needed WR help. If you moved him for Mike Williams(TB) and 1.01 you don't think that's enough? How much more would you expect to get? I basically washed out Sims Walker, Royal, and Brown out of the deal. Any1 of them could end up producers, but IMO it'll be due to lack of depth before any 1 of those guys becomes a consistent fantasy starter.

Also looking back on the Bush trade I like that alot more, it's a deal where if you get Gore you need to win the ship to maximize it. Bush has alot of years left, and there were 2 1st rders included as well.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Im still happy with getting Gore and Tebow. I felt what I gave up was alot up front but it turned out to be ok in the long run.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:43 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:I'm not ready to declare a winner in the DAW trade. I think he's undervalued, due to his injuries and the uncertainty with where he'll play. Brown has similar issues- will Addai return, and can Brown capitalize? If those two perform like I think they can, getting the 1st overall and MWilli in return (the latter was flipped in another trade) isn't worth it, IMO.

I agree the fit for DAW needs to happen in FA to really be able to tell, trust me with the addition of flex spots I'd gladly take him. But say you were an owner of him right now and needed WR help. If you moved him for Mike Williams(TB) and 1.01 you don't think that's enough? How much more would you expect to get? I basically washed out Sims Walker, Royal, and Brown out of the deal. Any1 of them could end up producers, but IMO it'll be due to lack of depth before any 1 of those guys becomes a consistent fantasy starter.

A few months after I posted this, and the drafting of Delone Carter, and I can say my valuation of Don Brown has changed. The main part that changed was I don't think Brown will capitalize, even if given another chance in Indy. So, it ends up being Deangelo Williams, Eddie Royal, and Donald Brown FOR 1.1, Mike Williams (TB) and Mike Sims-Walker. Given the NFL's draft, I like this much better for the side that got TB Mike. The only thing left that could shift things, it seems, is whether DAW produces as he did a few years ago, and sheds the injury-prone tag some have labeled him with.

LS2throwed wrote:Also looking back on the Bush trade I like that alot more, it's a deal where if you get Gore you need to win the ship to maximize it. Bush has alot of years left, and there were 2 1st rders included as well.

I'm not as sour on it as I had been before, but alot rides on where Bush lands. Getting 3 young WRs to help my woefully inadequate WR corps helps, but nothing is certain since not a single one of them has produced.
I was really looking forward to nailing down my QB spot, since so much of my roster has been dedicated to the QBs. Going from Leinart and Tebow to Henne doesn't seem like a win, to me. :-t
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Horse Traders