ROSTER EXPANSION - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

ROSTER EXPANSION

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

ROSTER EXPANSION

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:20 pm

This has always been on the table but I could not find anything official beyond expanding to 30 man rosters for 2010?

Is everyone still interested in increasing both the roster size and rookie/fa draft for 2011. If so, start throwing out numbers and if not, please voice that opinion as well.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: ROSTER EXPANSION

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:30 pm

bungle613 wrote:This has always been on the table but I could not find anything official beyond expanding to 30 man rosters for 2010?

Is everyone still interested in increasing both the roster size and rookie/fa draft for 2011. If so, start throwing out numbers and if not, please voice that opinion as well.

I think that since we have started the rookie draft we should wait to make it effective next year. We can vote now on it which I would vote 30 and possibly add a 5th round to the draft.

The reason I don't like the idea of changing things now is because it changes the strategy a bit. If someone only has 1 roster spot left but 3 picks left he has to make some tough decisions. If you open up the rosters he doesn't.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Instinctive » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:33 pm

I think he said "for 2011" so that's not going to be an issue.

I'm typically all for increasing roster sizes, but we're pretty darn huge already for being an Offense only league. I would rather eliminate kicker in favor of a flex spot, or add another flex spot to your starting lineup (R/W/T) to gain more roster space.

That looks confusing. Here's what I really mean: If we increase roster sizes any more than we have, we should add another spot to the starting lineup as one of the new roster spaces. We have gigantic benches as it is.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
bungle613 wrote:This has always been on the table but I could not find anything official beyond expanding to 30 man rosters for 2010?

I think that since we have started the rookie draft we should wait to make it effective next year. We can vote now on it which I would vote 30 and possibly add a 5th round to the draft.

The reason I don't like the idea of changing things now is because it changes the strategy a bit. If someone only has 1 roster spot left but 3 picks left he has to make some tough decisions. If you open up the rosters he doesn't.

2010 is staying with 4 round draft and a 30 man roster. This is for 2011 and beyond.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:43 pm

bungle613 wrote:2010 is staying with 4 round draft and a 30 man roster. This is for 2011 and beyond.

Got it. Didn't see the 2011.

I like the rosters at 30. 35 is overkill. Got to have some free agents.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:51 pm

I would love to see us expand the roster to 35, but also think we need one or two flex spots added.

As we do kind of have a boring starting lineup configuration.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:01 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I would love to see us expand the roster to 35, but also think we need one or two flex spots added.

As we do kind of have a boring starting lineup configuration.

If this is something a vast majority is interested in I would suggest an expansion to 32 and an addition of 1 flex in 2011 and expansion to 35 and an addition of the 2nd flex spot in 2012.

I don't think an expansion will carry but let's talk about it while everyone is checking in. I have to agree the starting req's are pretty vanilla.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:35 pm

I would want at least a 2 year gap between any changes in starting lineup requirements.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:47 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:I would want at least a 2 year gap between any changes in starting lineup requirements.

Even something as varied as a flex?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:16 am

bungle613 wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:I would want at least a 2 year gap between any changes in starting lineup requirements.

Even something as varied as a flex?

Yeah, I think you need time to prepare your roster for something like that even if it is a flex. I realize 9 or 10 of the owners here are working at warp speed, but I have kind of built my strategy around the lineup as it is. There are trades I might have taken or offered or not offered just since like November.

I would probably vote no on adding more starters in general.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Horse Traders