ROSTER EXPANSION - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Horse Traders

ROSTER EXPANSION

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: ROSTER EXPANSION

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:51 am

I agree with Thrifty in the 2 year thing for a flex spot. I mean, something as simple as another RB spot, I would of probably opted to keep Donald Brown instead had I known it would of been a chance of starting 3 RB's as soon as next year, and I definately would of kept Deangelo Williams, but the past moves I made were made knowing we only start 2 backs. I think 2 years is a good idea for something like that but that's just me.

i may vote yes on expansion, but not until 2012 probably.
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: ROSTER EXPANSION

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:48 am

Not sure how I`d vote on this, need to mull it over some more (seeing as I`m the new kid on thew block!).

Given some of the comments already made, what about expanding the rosters in 2011, and expanding the starting lineup in 2012. Gives people time to adjust.
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 160)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: ROSTER EXPANSION

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:32 am

stomperrob wrote:Not sure how I`d vote on this, need to mull it over some more (seeing as I`m the new kid on thew block!).

Given some of the comments already made, what about expanding the rosters in 2011, and expanding the starting lineup in 2012. Gives people time to adjust.


I can get behind this.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9934
(Past Year: 63)
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: East Lansing

Re: ROSTER EXPANSION

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:55 am

aaawall91 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Not sure how I`d vote on this, need to mull it over some more (seeing as I`m the new kid on thew block!).

Given some of the comments already made, what about expanding the rosters in 2011, and expanding the starting lineup in 2012. Gives people time to adjust.


I can get behind this.


I don't this is a good time for a "that's what she said" joke.

Seriously, given Thrifty's and LS2's explanation, I think Stomper's idea is the best so far.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3627
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: ROSTER EXPANSION

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:28 am

As far as expansion goes yes, Rob's idea is solid. I have to go back to what Instinctive said though and even increasing the lineup in 2012 to a flex or two a 30 man roster should easily be able to cover that. Maybe go to 32 but when I think about it I have never played in a straight dynasty league with relatively small line up req's with more than a 30 man roster. Anything above that has always included IDP. I looked over who was available on the wire and this league knows their football cause really, there wasn't much left. You can also tell from how many FA have been selected so far, not many. I am not sure if it is needed but what do you all think, want to vote on it?

I play in one league that starts 9 and rosters 25. That is too small

Another that starts 9 just went from 25 to 30.

A 3rd is going from 30 to 35 but starts 13 with IDP.
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: ROSTER EXPANSION

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:34 am

bungle613 wrote:As far as expansion goes yes, Rob's idea is solid. I have to go back to what Instinctive said though and even increasing the lineup in 2012 to a flex or two a 30 man roster should easily be able to cover that. Maybe go to 32 but when I think about it I have never played in a straight dynasty league with relatively small line up req's with more than a 30 man roster. Anything above that has always included IDP. I looked over who was available on the wire and this league knows their football cause really, there wasn't much left. You can also tell from how many FA have been selected so far, not many. I am not sure if it is needed but what do you all think, want to vote on it?

I play in one league that starts 9 and rosters 25. That is too small

Another that starts 9 just went from 25 to 30.

A 3rd is going from 30 to 35 but starts 13 with IDP.


I agree, for such a large roster, starting only 9 seems a little bizarre. Adding at least one flex (RB/WR, or RB/WR/TE) would make sense to me.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3627
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Horse Traders

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 16:07 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact