2010 Ohio State Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2010 Ohio State Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

2010 Ohio State Thread

Postby jayday » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:48 pm

Ok, let's get this discussion going.

Might as well get this out of the way...Sophomore WR Duron Carter, son of HoF WR Cris Carter, is going to JUCO because his grades aren't in order. Duron was a projected starter or at minimum our #3. Look for a couple other young WRs to fill in for Duron. Sophomores Chris Fields and James Jackson look to be likely candidates although some think Junior Taurian Washington has a shot to line up next to Dane Sanzenbacher and DeVier Posey.

Taking a look at the offense...

QB: It starts and ends here. Our season will fly or flop on the arm, legs, and head of #2. Not much else to say here. I'm hoping to see a continuation of improved decision-making, mechanics, and play-calling from the booth to help out Pryor.

RB: It's the Boom and Zoom tandem again. Junior Dan "Boom" Herron is the between the tackles guy and Senior Brandon "Zoom" Saine is the guy with more wiggle and receiving ability. They will likely split touches with Herron seeing more action late in games with the Buckeyes milking clock and Zoom on the field in obvious passing/catch-up scenarios. Don't forget about guys like Jordan Hall, Pryor's high school teammate, and Jamal Berry. These are two guys with home run ability. Incoming 4-star Freshman Roderick Smith runs like Eddie George. I have a hard time believing he'll be on the bench the entire season.

WR: Kind of addressed this already. Outside of our top 2, we'll be young, but the athletes are some of the best collectively in recent memory.

TE: We lost Ballard to graduation. He was an outstanding run blocker and severely underused as a receiver. Ah, well. That's OC Jim Bollman for you. Jake Stoneburner is the projected starter. He came in as a glorified WR. I don't think he ever got down in a 3-pt stance in high school. So...a blocker, he is not. But he does have some receiving skills. We'll see.

OL: Center is locked down with Mike Brewster (Junior). Former Michigan Man with a mean streak, Justin Boren (Senior), is penciled in at LG. Bryant Browning (Senior) will likely be the man at RG. JB Shugarts (Junior) will resume his position at RT barring injury. And finally we come to LT...Mike Adama (Junior) has All-World potential but he has yet to realize it or put the time and dedication necessary. This is leaving him in competition with Andrew Miller (Senior) who split time at LT with Adams last season. This group is experienced and has a lot of potential to be a dominating unit. I'm not sure if the trio of Juniors that came in the '08 recruiting class as "Block O" will ever achieve the lofty standards set for them though.

On to the defense...

DE: Nathan Williams and Cameron Heyward are the stars. Williams brings a ferocious pass rush and Heyward is just all-around a disruptive force. Cam is a projected high first round pick in next year's NFL draft.

DT: Dexter Larimore and Johnny Simon are the starters. Larimore is coming off a season where he was having great success and had to shut it down due to injury. Simon is a freak. F-R-E-A-K. 6-2, 275. With a 6-pack. OSU's strength coach who has 20+ years experience as a player and coach in both the college and pro games says he has never seen anyone like him as far as workouts go. If he wasn't a Buckeye, I'd spread steroid rumors, but....O-H! :-b

LB: We'll have some experience with Brian Rolle (Senior) in the middle, Ross Homan (Senior) on the weakside, and Etienne Sabino (Junior) on the strongside. I'm glad Sabino's finally getting a chance to get on the field.

CB: Chimdi Chekwa and Devon Torrence, both Seniors, are entrenched as starters. I don't expect much competition.

S: Jermale Hines (Senior) returns at FS. SS is a complete wild card. I have no clue who ends up here. Jamie Wood, CJ Barnett, Ohrian Johnson, Tyler Moeller. Pick a horse and place your bets.

That's all for now. Feel free to post whatever. Roster, schedule, etc.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2010 Ohio State Thread

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:09 am

AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayday » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:03 am

Based off the performances in fall camp, a few changes on the depth chart happened. These may simply be motivational moves to get guys to play up to their skill level but we'll see.

Andrew Sweat outplayed Etienne Sabino at Sam LB. CJ Barnett is the starter at SS due to Ohrian Johnson's leg injury limiting his playtime. Mike Adams nailed down the blind side at LT...finally.

Tyler Moeller is back from the injury that robbed him of his 2009 season and he'll be playing the STAR position (OSU's LB/Safety hybrid) that gets on the field a lot. No major injuries from camp to report except Nathan Williams' lower leg injury but he should be good to go for the season.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:10 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:Stay classy, Columbus

That's pretty funny. What a creepy dude.

BTW 2,000+ days and counting, Michigan.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:19 pm

jayday wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Stay classy, Columbus

That's pretty funny. What a creepy dude.

BTW 2,000+ days and counting, Michigan.

I can't really talk smack.....I do remember the Cooper days though and there's no doubt Michigan will be back near or at the top at some point....it's just a matter of when!
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to College Football