2010 season going downhill before it starts.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers

2010 season going downhill before it starts..

Moderator: Football Moderators

2010 season going downhill before it starts..

Postby Munboy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:05 pm

First Holmes gets high and brags about it on Twitter. Get lost.
Then Big Ben can't keep Little Ben indoors. Sit for awhile, will ya?
NOW, Colon gets a season-ending ankle owie. See ya next year.

With Wallace's emergence last year, Holmes became expendable. If Ben sits 6 games, they'll struggle to go 3-3 during that stretch. Colon was a big hit along the line, but with some shifting, the big boy guard they picked up in the draft may see some action this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2010 season going downhill before it starts..

Postby petedog9 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:47 am

Dont forget about Scott who they brought over from Buffalo. He is a RT. I really want to see Ramon Foster get a shot. The kid is HUGE and has shown flashes...

Free Agents: Levi Jones / Flozell Adams / Mike Gandy
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Munboy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:56 pm

petedog9 wrote:Dont forget about Scott who they brought over from Buffalo. He is a RT. I really want to see Ramon Foster get a shot. The kid is HUGE and has shown flashes...

Free Agents: Levi Jones / Flozell Adams / Mike Gandy

Seems like they're looking at Adams. The article mentions moving Starx to the right side, but I'd rather not see that. Adams has lost too much to be a force on the blindside.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattb47 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 am

I think you're being a bit too pessimistic as far as our potential this season is concerned. I think we have a good chance of coming out of those first 4 games (and yes, I think it will definitely be 4 and not 6) with a good record. Our defense looks like it will be closer to the 2008 version rather than the 2009 one which gives us a much larger margin for error with how our QB is concerned...I think our offensive line will be BETTER than last year with or without Colon and we start out with ATL (H), TEN, TB and BAL (H) for our first 4 games which I think are winnable games. If we come out of those games 3-1 or even 2-2 we are in fine shape for the rest of the season.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:19 am

I agree Matt.. I think they willbe just fine. If anything, this should focus the team and they want to prove they can win without BB and show the world its a TEAM game... The first 4 are winnable games. I say 3-1 or 2-2 as well.. I think the way everyone is already counting them out will put a huge chip on their shoulders and they will be full of piss and vinegar when the season starts..

Much a a hockey tema who just took a penalty and they go down one player on the power play. That power play defensive unti even down a guy dominates the ice and never lets the opposition set up their power play inside their zone. Then once the PP is over and they go back to even strength, the use the momentum and go at the other team.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby petedog9 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Just want to revisit my wisdom and say HELL YEAH BABY!!!! WOOT WOOOOOOT!! One win away from Dallas... SUPERBOWL or BuST now...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers