Who is the #1 pick in a 2010 Re-draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #1 pick in a 2010 Re-draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:08 pm

Chris Johnson
67%
Adrian Peterson
33%
MJD
No votes
Ray Rice
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 21

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Who is the 1st pick of the draft? You are voting on who you will draft if you have the 1st pick of the draft.

Assume standard scoring (1 pt. per 10 yards rushing / receiving, and no PPR) Also please assume that you have a balanced roster and don't have a great specific need for a QB, WR, etc.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. If you'd like to vote for a player NOT on this list, then please vote "other" and make a post to discuss the player. This will serve as a write-in vote for that player.

1) Chris Johnson
2)
Last edited by Cowboys 4 life on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Who is the #1 pick in a 2010 Re-draft?

Postby Instinctive » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 pm

I'm taking Peterson. While I think both guys see their TDs go down, I think CJ sees his yards go down quite a bit as well. Peterson's yardage has room to grow, IMO, as do his reception totals with Chester Taylor gone and Gerhart not exactly being a 3rd down back.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby mikus » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:11 pm

Johnson probably won't get the yards again, but he is the Titans' offense this year. Double-digit TDs, less fumble concerns and plenty of all-purpose yards, not to mention the PPR benefit for those type of leagues.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:20 pm

I would jump on the bandwagon and take Chris Johnson hoping for the same season as last year. I do however believe he won't do it. I think D's key more on him and stopping the long one.

I had ADP last year and the 1 yd, -1yd, -1 yd fumble just didn't cut it for me. He still had a decent year but a bit below my expectations. For that reason I would take Chris Johnson.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby mikus » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I would jump on the bandwagon and take Chris Johnson hoping for the same season as last year. I do however believe he won't do it. I think D's key more on him and stopping the long one.

I had ADP last year and the 1 yd, -1yd, -1 yd fumble just didn't cut it for me. He still had a decent year but a bit below my expectations. For that reason I would take Chris Johnson.

It just seemed like Peterson had to work a lot harder last season for his yardage than in year's past. Not sure if the Vikings were doing anything differently from a scheme standpoint or if other teams had something figured out, but it would be nice to see ADP shredding Ds like we got used to for a little while.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby benb18a » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:19 pm

I would pick CJ based on the fact he gave me a Cafe title last year. That is the difference in what I otherwise see as a coin flip. He won't have over 2000 yards again, but the goal line vulture is gone(not like he did much last year anyway) and Fisher's bromance for him along with his whole situation leads me to believe that CJ will definitely be a top 3 back again. The main reason I like him over ADP is he is elusive, and not punishing when he runs. He carries a significantly less risk of being injured from week to week.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:33 pm

Minny is more of a passing team it seems now anyway, Tennessee is still live and die by the run.

Also, I find it hard to pass up the guy who just had a record breaking season last year. Obviously you don't expect another 2000 yard season, that's not even realistic, but there is no reason he can't top 2k total yards and he provides so much big play ability week to week to literally win you games no matter what your team does that you can't pass that up.

AD was solid week to week, but since he supposedly gained weight he lost alot of that big play ability he had as a rookie, maybe he'll get it back, but he wasn't very appealling on a week to week basis. I'd love to have him with the 2nd pick, but no way would i take him over CJ. CJ had a year far better then anything AD has ever done in only his 2nd year in, I don't see enough reasons to pass him up.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:30 am

Chris Johnson. For some reason I get the feeling that Peterson is actually going to start to decline soon. I don't know why, maybe it's the hype, maybe it's his punishing running style and the fact that he had durability concerns coming out of Oklahoma, but he kind of scares me this season. Call it a hunch.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:36 am

Chris Johnson...he's a threat to take it to the house anytime he touches the ball
also i have him in 2 keeper leagues so it would be nice to have 1 main guy to root for
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Really splitting hairs here, but Peterson has a longer established history. He may not have the same per-play, per-day or season-long ceiling, but his better offensive line and better QB play (depending on Favre returning) give him a higher floor.

Actually wanted to go Rice, but with McGahee's role still unclear, couldn't truly justify it.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk