Another home invasion shooting in Houston - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Another home invasion shooting in Houston

Moderator: Football Moderators

Another home invasion shooting in Houston

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Today at 2:45, 2 thugs were attempting to break into a house they thought was empty. Tried to kick in the front door and wasn't working so they went to the back door which didn't work either. So after going back to the front door and continuing to try to get it open, one of them was shot. The reports so far don't say weather the thugs actually got it open. But in TX in this situation was perfectly legal.

Shot by the 15 year old son of a Deputy Constable who was in the house with his 12 year old sister.

And I got no problems with that. My son knows how to use our guns and I would hope that he would defend his MR and autistic brother in the same way in the same situation.

I really love my state.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Another home invasion shooting in Houston

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:28 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:Today at 2:45, 2 thugs were attempting to break into a house they thought was empty. Tried to kick in the front door and wasn't working so they went to the back door which didn't work either. So after going back to the front door and continuing to try to get it open, one of them was shot. The reports so far don't say weather the thugs actually got it open. But in TX in this situation was perfectly legal.

Shot by the 15 year old son of a Deputy Constable who was in the house with his 12 year old sister.

And I got no problems with that. My son knows how to use our guns and I would hope that he would defend his MR and autistic brother in the same way in the same situation.

I really love my state.

Excellent. I was afraid when I saw the title of the thread that the thugs had done the shooting.

Mi Casa es MI CASA mofo! ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:56 pm

And they can't complain about any rase issues either. It was a hispanic kid who did the shooting.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Doesn't bother me. I wish that was the law here. I'd probably be charged criminally and sued by the "victim" if I did that. Stupid Canada.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:01 am

Aren't those called "Castle Laws?" I have no problem with that. I'll take a gun to anyone who tries to break into my house, no problem, and I'll take my chances with the courts afterward. Bottom line - my family will still be alive.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:59 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Doesn't bother me. I wish that was the law here. I'd probably be charged criminally and sued by the "victim" if I did that. Stupid Canada.

Not necessarily. There was a guy here in Montreal a couple of years back who actually shot and killed a police officer when they staged a full-bore raid on his house, including kicking down doors and all. Cops did not properly announce themselves and he grabbed a pistol and shot one of them (maybe two?) and they got him too, although not fatally.

He walked on the shooting because it was ruled a justifiable self-defense action when faced with what he essentially thought was an armed home invasion with his wife and children at risk.

Worst part was they did not find any evidence of whatever crime it was they were originally raiding his house for. He got hit with some illegal gun charges (because he had some unregistered firearms as well as the registered ones on the premises) but nothing big.

I used to play darts with him at a bar near my old place, he was a nice guy.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:42 am

I've got no problem with this situation, if it happened as described in the original post. If someone is in your house (or about to be in your house), and you feel you are in danger, shoot at will. This isn't at all analogous to the incident a couple years ago where the guy shot someone as they were walking down the street with a TV after taking it from a neighbor's house.

Killing in self-defense = okay.
Killing in defense of your neighbor's TV = not okay.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:20 am

houstonherdfan wrote:I really love my state.

"Our" state. :-D

Kudos to the kid. Hopefully the shot was fatal and that's one more criminal that will never be on the street again. ;-D

Art Vandelay wrote:I've got no problem with this situation, if it happened as described in the original post. If someone is in your house (or about to be in your house), and you feel you are in danger, shoot at will. This isn't at all analogous to the incident a couple years ago where the guy shot someone as they were walking down the street with a TV after taking it from a neighbor's house.

Killing in self-defense = okay.

The TV is worth more than the criminal's life, so fire at will. ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:39 am

Madison wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Killing in self-defense = okay.

The TV is worth more than the criminal's life, so fire at will. ;-D

Are you being serious? Because if so, I take issue with this comment. There is a reason certain crimes merit certain punishments in law: it's because medial crimes like stealing a tv certainly shouldn't be punishable by death.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:26 am

Here we go. Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk