What about Kevin Smith? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

What about Kevin Smith?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What about Kevin Smith?

Postby Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:36 pm

Yo Liono fans.

I've been partial to Lions Runningbacks for a while now and as a member of a $100 salary-capped dynasty league am facing losing my stranglehold on them due to Javid Best. I drafted Kevin Smith with the 4th pick overall of our free agent/rookie draft a few years back and have myself looking at that pick again. Unfortunately, there is little hope Best is going to be available at #4.

My question is, what is the reality of Kevin Smith? Is he worth holding on to at $8 (Best is at $13) when his value has fallen to $1. Have you heard whether he's going to really be pup'ed or if that is less likely. Are concerns about Best's concussions real in Detroit? I'm not getting any news and I need it.

Like I said, I'm a Detroit RB loyalist - I held onto Kevin Jones until he got hurt last year. If I drop Smith, it will be an all-out abandonment - Maurice Morris will go with him....well, eventually.

My other options in the draft are obviously Spiller (I have both Jackson and Lynch), and Tate.

So, what is your friendly advice? Hold out hope for Ksmith or concede the loss of a first round picked back?
"He who puts on the armor ought not to boast like him who takes it off."
Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: What about Kevin Smith?

Postby moochman » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:38 pm

I have been very disappointed in Kevin Smith's career, and my opinion shows my disappointment. Best is getting first team reps until Smith gets back, but everything I've heard (and there hasn't been much) suggests that Best is #1 and Smith will battle for 2 or 3. No word on his recovery, which is worrysome. Most teams love to tell fans how quickly a player is recovering, how good they look, how far ahead of schedule they are, blah blah blah. Not hearing that for Smith. Still early, but...

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: What about Kevin Smith?

Postby Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks Mooch! ;-D
"He who puts on the armor ought not to boast like him who takes it off."
Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Detroit Lions