Vincent Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vincent Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Vincent Jackson

Postby JavaDude » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:35 pm

So glad I didn't waste a draft pick nor any free agent $$$ on this bum. I love it when I'm right. :-b
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Vincent Jackson to the Patriots?

Postby JavaDude » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Crazier things have happened... ;-D
CSN New England's Tom Curran reports the Patriots "have looked into the possibility" of trading for Vincent Jackson.

Curran characterizes the trade talks as "preliminary," with Logan Mankins heading to San Diego under one scenario. The two teams would essentially be swapping their unsigned restricted free agents. The Patriots are also believed to be exploring other avenues to upgrade at wide receiver after dealing away Randy Moss. Bill Belichick isn't in the habit of taking on players with contract issues, but it would be a zero sum trade on that level if he rids himself of Mankins in the process.
Source: CSN New England
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Re: Vincent Jackson to the Patriots?

Postby JavaDude » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Hmmm...
After speaking with several experts on the collective bargaining agreement, including NFLPA sources, NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora expects unsigned restricted free agents Vincent Jackson and Logan Mankins to sign their tenders and report by Week 10.

"If they sit out the entire season there is still a very, very strong chance they end up right back where they are -- restricted free agents," said one CBA expert. The players could try to force a settlement through grievance, but the union isn't confident they would win. Returning to the roster for the final six weeks would clear up the uncertainty and ensure that both players avoid the same mess next year.
Source: NFL.com
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby JavaDude » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Smokescreen?
The San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee reports that a Vincent Jackson trade to the Patriots remains "high unlikely."

The Chargers aren't interested in Logan Mankins because he's not seen as a realistic candidate to play tackle, and the Bolts are fine at guard. GM A.J. Smith's is reportedly demanding a first- and second-round pick over the next two years to trade V-Jax to an AFC team. The Pats, stockpiling picks, could afford to pay that price, but it certainly wouldn't fit their M.O. to do so.
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby JavaDude » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:35 pm

With your grain of salt at the ready:
The agent for Patriots unsigned restricted free agent LG Logan Mankins called reports of a potential swap for Vincent Jackson "ludicrous" and "totally insane."

How's that for a denial? "I don't pay attention to rumors, so I didn't hear it. But who knows? The Patriots do strange things," said the agent while laughing heartily. "There is so much crap out there. Until it all (shakes out), you don't know. But to answer your question, that's totally ludicrous."
Source: Boston Herald
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Can't believe anyone in the NFL when it comes to trade talks. A.J. Smith is a hard head. Bellichick is smart, tricky and tough. The players are spoiled idiots. Their agents want 10% of something. Should be interesting.

Bellichick usually gets what he wants so, if a straight up trade doesn't work, a 3 way deal involving a team like the Bears wouldn't surprise me. Bears need a LG badly. NE needs a receiver. Bears could offer San Diego draft picks for Mankin. 2nd and 3rd from the Bears might work for each of the 3 teams. I'm just speculating but I will bet Bellichick gets a receiver somewhere.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby scientology » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Flyn high again wrote:Can't believe anyone in the NFL when it comes to trade talks. A.J. Smith is a hard head. Bellichick is smart, tricky and tough. The players are spoiled idiots. Their agents want 10% of something. Should be interesting.

Bellichick usually gets what he wants so, if a straight up trade doesn't work, a 3 way deal involving a team like the Bears wouldn't surprise me. Bears need a LG badly. NE needs a receiver. Bears could offer San Diego draft picks for Mankin. 2nd and 3rd from the Bears might work for each of the 3 teams. I'm just speculating but I will bet Bellichick gets a receiver somewhere.

I agree. Bellicheck will get a receiver but I doubt it will be from San Diego. Most likely from Seattle. Great! Bring back a broken down ex Pats MVP. No thanks!
scientology
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Markus2742 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:21 am

It would be more like the Patriots to bring back Torry Holt who they cut before week 1 or some other player out there in free agent land that might not want to stay retired.
Markus2742
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

VJAX reports

Postby jaytizy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:35 pm

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Vincent Jackson will report to the Chargers by October 31.
Due to his "Roster Exempt" status, however, V-Jax won't be eligible to play until November 28 (Week 12). Still, it'd be a huge late-season plus for the Bolts, who can move Legedu Naanee back into his natural third receiver role. Jackson, who's trained hard on his own in hopes of a trade, would likely be quick to make Malcom Floyd a No. 2 receiver. This, of course, is assuming that hard-headed GM A.J. Smith accepts Jackson's return with open arms. (He'd be insane not to). Grab Jackson immediately if he's on your waiver wire. Already the No. 1 fantasy quarterback, Philip Rivers' stock couldn't look stronger. If all goes as planned, V-Jax will be available prior to the fantasy playoffs.
Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter
Related: Philip Rivers, Malcom Floyd, Legedu Naanee
jaytizy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: VJAX reports

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Maybe I just don't understand the NFL, but why would VJax just reclaim his #1 spot at the expense of himself and everyone else? The Chargers don't want him unless they can get him on the cheap, VJax has expressed desire not to "play" (I understand why he HAS to sign the tender) unless he gets what he feels is market value, and I doubt that either party wants to deal with each other after this season. I could see if Floyd was falling flat, but he's so far he's put up numbers that rival anything VJax has done in his career. I can see why VJax would want to perform at a high level to keep his marketability, but I'd be surprised if the Chargers just act like nothing has happened and let him just usurp his previous role as if he's part of their future plans.
Last edited by HskrPwr13 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk