Vincent Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vincent Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: VJAX reports

Postby Thor » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:24 pm

The Chargers pass game has been fine without him. They refused to cave in to him and the only reason he will come back is to get his 6 games service and not get hurt. The Chargers will keep him buried on the depth chart to spite him. The only way he will see any meaningful playing time is if they are decimated with injuries and are forced to pay him.
14 Team 5 pts per 5 receptions
QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, TE, FLEX(WR/TE), K, DST
QB- Romo, Freeman, Manuel
RB- Sproles, J Bell, Bernard, W McGahee
WR - Megatron, D Bryant, V Brown, A Jeffery, R Randle, P Harvin(IR)
TE- J Graham, Sudfeld
K- Hartley
DST - Dallas
Thor
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Purple1 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:27 am

Wow this is the first thread I've read where everyone isn't drooling over him returning.

I agree with everyone else in this thread that he's not gonna help your team this year.

VJAX has really screwed himself on this one. With Floyd perfoming just as good if not better than VJAX, I think this year has proven that it's the Chargers system and Rivers/Gates that are the real talent on that team. All they need is an average rec with above average hight on the oustide with Gates drawing all the attention in the middle.

He probably thought they'd have traded him or the passsing game would be stuggling so bad at this point they'd have to sign him lol. It completely backfired, the passing game hasen't missed a beat and he's been exsposed as a pruduct of the system. Now he has to report to qualify for URFA next season and the Chargers don't have to play him if they don't want to baring injurys.

I'm so glad the Vikes got Moss and didn't over pay for this D-bag.

And yes I drafted Floyd....so maybe this is just what I hope happens.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm curious to see how it plays out, football sense says Naanee to the slot, Floyd/Vjax on the outside, Gates doing what he does.

I do have a claim in for him (only in one league), but it's out of desperation more than anything - lost FInley & Clayton last week...

Figure if I can make the playoffs... AJ/White/VJax would be pretty decent at my WR & Flex spots... unless Spiller or Stewart start doing something after their bye weeks - if only DWill would get traded....
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Flyn high again » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:53 pm

Guys, keep in mind if Jackson returns to San Diego, it's in his best interests to perform well for the last 6 games. He is in a contract year. The last 6 weeks are basically an audition and could mean the difference between good money and great money. The Chargers may not want to use him but I doubt the coaches would be stupid enough to sit him or not throw to him if he is available and open. He may not get WR1 numbers but WR2 or Flex would be good spots for him.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby krsmith16 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Flyn high again wrote:Guys, keep in mind if Jackson returns to San Diego, it's in his best interests to perform well for the last 6 games.

I disagree. All things considered, it's in his best interest to avoid a career-ending injury. Someone is going to give him the high-dollar, multi-year deal he's seeking, regardless of how he performs during those six games. Probably not a wise move, but you just know that *some* team is going to make that mistake.

He will report. S.D will keep him rostered in order to get a compensatory draft pick.

Barring a season-ending injury to another S.D. receiver, he will not play a single down. If that happens, he will play...but he will not "play." Not worth it considering the financial windfall he will receive in the offseason. That's just the way he and his agent want it. I'm pretty sure the S.D. GM will be fine with that scenerio as well.
krsmith16
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:30 pm

krsmith16 wrote:He will report. S.D will keep him rostered in order to get a compensatory draft pick.

Barring a season-ending injury to another S.D. receiver, he will not play a single down. If that happens, he will play...but he will not "play." Not worth it considering the financial windfall he will receive in the offseason. That's just the way he and his agent want it. I'm pretty sure the S.D. GM will be fine with that scenerio as well.

I am fuzzy on this, but isn't the compensatory draft pick tied to performance? meaning if he does not play a single down, the Bolts would get little to nothing for losing him.

That the NFL has not intervened on this issue is an ominous sign for how they will treat players in the new CBA. Yup, send photos of no-nos to someone and we'll get right on it. But repeatedly take advantage of the mediocrity of parity buy getting rid of high priced players (Turner, LT, V Jax, Merriman) and we won't even let reporters say boo about it. Owners save money, product worse, players lose money, fans lose period. Thanks Goodell. End of Rant, my apologies.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby krsmith16 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:33 am

Moochman, I think the compensatory pick is based on the amount of money the player receives in the first year of his next contract. In theory, the free market decides the "worth" of the player----which is dictated by how much his new team is willing to pay. The more he was worth, the higher the compensatory pick...

Jackson's agents have hinted that they will structure his next contract in such a way that will ensure thet he makes peanuts in his first year with all the guaranteed money coming on the back end of the contract. That way, they can punish S.D. by lowering their compensation to somewhere around a 5th or 6th round pick...lol!

I'm not sure I've ever seen such hostility between team mngt. and the player/agent. This is part of the reason I don't think he will play any sort of meaningful role when he reports. A.J Smith put his personal feelings ahead of good business sense (by refusing to trade him). Jackson will probably do the same.

It's THAT personal...
krsmith16
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby krsmith16 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:48 am

I also totally agree with your "rant."

I don't think there is a single NFL fan in the country that cares that a player sent of photo of his twig and berries to a random "reporter" (or just the twig in this case). I actually think it's pretty funny...

These teams/news agencies base their hiring practices on the size of the candidates' tits, then get all up in arms when the obvious (and inevitable) happens...
krsmith16
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:13 am

This whole scenario is very fuzzy...

SD is now 2-4, they still play in a garbage divison and they want to win.

Does a fresh and healthy VJax help them do that? I think he would - especially w/ Gates now hobbled, Floyd hamstrung, and Naanee already missing time... Buster Davis doesn't exactly instill fear in defenses.

What has me curious is the team mandated suspension - once he reports does he still have to serve it? Or is a retro-active type thing? Hypothetically, if he reports today, is he cleared to play week 7, 8, 9, or 11 (after their BYE)?

IMO it would be in his (finacially) and SD's (winning) best interest to get him in on the active roster ASAP or 2010 is a lost season for all involved.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:44 am

What I've read is that VJax can return in week 12. Right in time to screw me over if Floyd is indeed healthy and back on the field then. I've really liked Floyd's production this year, but I'm definitely scared about what kind of factor VJax is going to be when he comes back. Grudge aside, you have to wonder if AJ Smith is bat s**t crazy enough to not utilize him AT ALL just to spite VJax. If they're actually competing for the division, you almost have to put him out there and use him. If VJax stays away or doesn't do much the rest of this year and leaves, then I see Floyd being a keeper for me for next year. If he does play well and they sign him, Floyd is worthless to me.
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk