What's Your Favorite Fast Food Joint? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What's Your Favorite Fast Food Joint?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What's Your Favorite Fast Food Joint?

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:39 am

We spend a lot of time at the Golden Arches because the kids want it, so we go about twice a week. But personally, I think Chick Fil A has the best chicken anywhere. 5 Guys Burgers and Fries has some seriously juicy and tasty burgers, too.

Gotta give props to Whataburger, too - which I have only seen in Texas.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What's Your Favorite Fast Food Joint?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:43 am

In & Out Burger. Simple and delicious. Oh and don't be afraid to order an 8x8 (8 patties, 8 buns) just because you don't see it on the menu. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Hands down Taco Bell. We had one here that burnt down this past winter and I am seriously jonesing because of the lack of burrito goodness...

Second option is probably Wendy's.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:02 pm

We don't eat fast food unless in a pinch, like if we're traveling or something. If I were in Cali I'd hit up In-N-Out, here in Oregon the equivalent is Burgerville. They only use fresh local ingredients, promote sustainability, and support local communities. They also have seasonal menus, when it's strawberry season they have all kinds of strawberry menu items, they also have fried asparagus when it's in season. No other fastfood chain can even touch Burgerville, or In-N-Out to an extent, as far as quality of ingredients and quality of business practice.

All that said, we still eat there very rarely, I think the last time I ate at Burgerville was a year or so ago. It's been several years since I ate at In-N-Out. Even though it's high quality fast food, it's still fast food. If we had kids I'm sure we'd be there more often because kids love that sort of stuff. But if I want a burger, I'm making it at home....I make the best "fast food" around here. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Metroid wrote: But if I want a burger, I'm making it at home....

Now I wanna grill burgers today...

Only fast food I care to eat is subway. I like Penn Station too. I try pretty hard to avoid eating at any McD's or BK type place.

Mmmmm hamburger sounds good
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:12 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote: But if I want a burger, I'm making it at home....

Now I wanna grill burgers today...

Only fast food I care to eat is subway. I like Penn Station too. I try pretty hard to avoid eating at any McD's or BK type place.

Mmmmm hamburger sounds good

Yeah burgers do sound good. However, I'm grilling up my signature ribs. I don't mean to toot my own horn but my ribs are panty droppers. All I use is Chaka's too....so I guess they're not really my signature ribs. But whatever. I've tried several times to imitate Chaka's Mmm Sauce but I just cannot get it right. I swear the guy puts his own sweat and a little meth in it. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Metroid wrote:I swear the guy puts his own sweat and a little meth in it. :-b

and some X too, to get the panties down.

Know what's good? carnation instant breakfast mix (vanilla), ice cold milk, and a scoop of breyers chocolate ice cream mixed in. LIke a milkshake only simpler to make.

I think I'll have a beer though. B-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby m16a » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:21 pm

Five Guys Burgers and fries are amazingly delicious and you get a LOT of food. Taco Bell is a unique good one, and when the hoagie jonesing comes knocking, Wawa is the best. I use Mickey D's the most (2 oe 3 times a month, the others, MAYBE once a month) simply because it's closest though. (and cheapest).
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:10 am

m16a wrote:Five Guys Burgers and fries are amazingly delicious and you get a LOT of food. Taco Bell is a unique good one, and when the hoagie jonesing comes knocking, Wawa is the best. I use Mickey D's the most (2 oe 3 times a month, the others, MAYBE once a month) simply because it's closest though. (and cheapest).

WaWa has the BEST tuna hoagies! :-L
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:32 am

joejlitz wrote:
m16a wrote:Five Guys Burgers and fries are amazingly delicious and you get a LOT of food. Taco Bell is a unique good one, and when the hoagie jonesing comes knocking, Wawa is the best. I use Mickey D's the most (2 oe 3 times a month, the others, MAYBE once a month) simply because it's closest though. (and cheapest).

WaWa has the BEST tuna hoagies! :-L

I've never had a tuna hoagie there. My ol standbye is a turkey classic with turkey, american cheese, mayo, little bit of olive oil, lettuce, onions, salt, pepper, and oregano. Mmmmm I'm hungry now. Hoagiefest perhaps??? ;-D :-L
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk