2010 Season/Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to King of the Jungle League

2010 Season/Draft

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Draft Chat

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:57 pm

mutantseabass wrote:I really didnt think that the draft would take this long! These last 2 rounds have been painful! I have all the rosters loaded up to the last pick. As soon as the 24 hours is up just move on to the next person. That owner can make it up anytime or in free agency. Seriously thinking about doing this live next year.

Thanks MSB

First, thanks for all the work and dedication that you and Santacruzer have done for this league. ;-D ;-D ;-D

I wonder if we could ask for more commitment next year and modify the way a slow draft is done. What I was thinking was that we all have to work at odd times, but maybe it would be possible to have a days, maybe weekends, where certain hours would be agreed that people would only get hour to make their pick. I work every other weekend, but many do not work the weekend. So maybe the evening hours, a 4 hour block, could be set up to use as more of a live style draft with a one hour time period. That would require two days a week where you have to be ready to go. Something like that could reduce draft time considerably while not demanding that all can structure their lives to gather together for a live draft.
I dunno, just a thought.

Another thought - not all that happy abuot my team. so many questions to start a season with. Moreno? What was I thinking? Only two reliable WRs, and a questionable TE. Me, of all people, who always takes a stud TE early now have to hope my TE will be able to produce this season.
As usual, I take no responsibility for this. You bastages out-did yourselves this year in taking my next pick right before mine. Grrrrrrrrrrr
Good Luck all.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:41 pm

moochman wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:I really didnt think that the draft would take this long! These last 2 rounds have been painful! I have all the rosters loaded up to the last pick. As soon as the 24 hours is up just move on to the next person. That owner can make it up anytime or in free agency. Seriously thinking about doing this live next year.

Thanks MSB

First, thanks for all the work and dedication that you and Santacruzer have done for this league. ;-D ;-D ;-D

I wonder if we could ask for more commitment next year and modify the way a slow draft is done. What I was thinking was that we all have to work at odd times, but maybe it would be possible to have a days, maybe weekends, where certain hours would be agreed that people would only get hour to make their pick. I work every other weekend, but many do not work the weekend. So maybe the evening hours, a 4 hour block, could be set up to use as more of a live style draft with a one hour time period. That would require two days a week where you have to be ready to go. Something like that could reduce draft time considerably while not demanding that all can structure their lives to gather together for a live draft.
I dunno, just a thought.

Another thought - not all that happy abuot my team. so many questions to start a season with. Moreno? What was I thinking? Only two reliable WRs, and a questionable TE. Me, of all people, who always takes a stud TE early now have to hope my TE will be able to produce this season.
As usual, I take no responsibility for this. You bastages out-did yourselves this year in taking my next pick right before mine. Grrrrrrrrrrr
Good Luck all.

I like that idea Mooch, it will definately be something that I will look into doing.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Round 16

Postby scrumtalecent » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:24 pm

16.09 Devery Henderson, WR New Orleans
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:17 pm

16.10 Mike Williams - WR, SEA
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Motown Blues » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:14 pm

16.11 Matt Prater - K, DEN
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:38 pm

16.12 Kareem Huggins-RB, TB

Thats all folks!

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Another draft is in the books! Good work all! This is the 6th year for the KOTJ, hard to believe it was 5 years ago that I posted in the Lions forum the idea of having a Lions Fan league here at the Cafe. We still have alot of the "originals" from then. Dream, mooch, caly, cruzer, psmv, me and cornbread. I would like to thank all you guys for sticking with me and the league all this time. All the newer guys I would like to thank you too for coming in and providing such great owners to the KOTJ! Funny I have never met any of you personally but I consider all you guys good friends. All of you make the KOTJ the easiest league I have ever commished. A big thanks to Cruzer and dream for taking over the league the last couple years. I am glad to be back as the commish of the KOTJ and will do my best to run this league to the best of my abilities. If you guys ever need anything just email me mutantseabass2002@yahoo.com or PM me here at the Cafe. Email will get me alot easier then PM as when the season starts I do become very busy with leagues.

Mooch a big thanks to you also, your great sense of humor and views on fantasy football bring a certain something to the KOTJ. Your contributions to the league dont go unnoticed by me.

I have all of the rosters loaded and ready to roll. I will enter my last pick into Yahoo and free agency will begin Monday September 6 at 12am est, if there is anyone you need to add or drop.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you this season!

Thanks,
Todd aka MSB

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby psmvchaser » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:15 pm

I just gotta say that I look forward to this league every year. I love it!

That being said, I usually like the slow draft format, but this year took way too long. I was in another slow draft (12 hours to pick), and it was completed in 10 days. That was much more like it.

I would be up for anything in the future...live or slow.

Good luck everybody!
G-2

Lions LIFER! (and therefore miserable but ever optimistic)
psmvchaser
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Motown Blues » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:05 am

Thanks, MSB...and everyone else. Love being a part of the KOTJ. This is definitely my weakest of the three teams I manage and I attribute that to how tough this league drafts.

My two cents....I would love to keep it as a slow draft; I think it's the absolute best way to start the fantasy season. Downside: some guys are overvalued in mid-July and of course, it can take WAY too long. Upside: like watching a slow-motion replay, you pick up all the nuances and trends. Personally, it's the best possible preparation for my other two leagues. If we can pick up the pace, let's keep it as is. I think keeping it "slow" makes it more competitive; each of us makes fewer (or at least smaller) mistakes.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Calyxes » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:31 am

Thanks MSB

It's about time ;-D
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League