2010 Season (merged) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Any Given Dynasty

2010 Season (merged)

Moderators: stomperrob, thriftyrocker

Re: Poll - playoff format

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:20 pm

lol...if there were 2 shoe ins to win the league, it wouldnt matter if it was 4 or 6 anyway, me and aaawall would just beat u in the playoffs and u would be just end up having a worse playoff spot :-b I really wasn't voting due to my team though, just because it was 10 teams, 6 going to the playoffs just seems like alot, but it's a simple vote for me so im good with it no matter what.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:50 pm

What weeks are the playoffs with 6 teams and with 4 teams?
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:32 pm

FantasySportsMaven wrote:What weeks are the playoffs with 6 teams and with 4 teams?

You would have to ask a tough question like that, lol! :-b I'll have to check into it and get back to ya. ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:12 pm

stomperrob wrote:
FantasySportsMaven wrote:What weeks are the playoffs with 6 teams and with 4 teams?

You would have to ask a tough question like that, lol! :-b I'll have to check into it and get back to ya. ;-D

Sorry, but when it comes to FF strategizing, I am a bit of an ass... err, I mean anal. :-D

My team is sooooo bad, that if I can scramble into the playoffs with the 6th seed, and somehow win my first playoff game, I could end up playing a much superior team whose best players are taking the week off. :-) Thats why I wondered what weeks would be the playoff weeks with 4 and with 6 teams.
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:17 pm

FantasySportsMaven wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Sorry, but when it comes to FF strategizing, I am a bit of an ass... err, I mean anal. :-D

My team is sooooo bad, that if I can scramble into the playoffs with the 6th seed, and somehow win my first playoff game, I could end up playing a much superior team whose best players are taking the week off. :-) Thats why I wondered what weeks would be the playoff weeks with 4 and with 6 teams.

Jeez, ya don't wanna do too good in the playoffs and get a lousy draft pick next year, lol!

it's my choice as to playoffs and I set week 16 as the championship round - that means with 6 teams the playoffs are week 14-16, with only 4 teams it would be week 15-16.
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:25 pm

stomperrob wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Jeez, ya don't wanna do too good in the playoffs and get a lousy draft pick next year, lol!

it's my choice as to playoffs and I set week 16 as the championship round - that means with 6 teams the playoffs are week 14-16, with only 4 teams it would be week 15-16.

LOL, my thoughts exactly. if i don't win it all with a crappy, bottom of the league team, i want to finish last if at all possible. If I have a top half team, then damned the draft and to for it all! jk. ;-D

As it is, since no games will be played on week 17(as it should be, btw), I vote for 4 teams and will do so up top of this thread. Thanks for your help Stomper.
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:38 pm

stomperrob wrote:

LOL, my thoughts exactly. if i don't win it all with a crappy, bottom of the league team, i want to finish last if at all possible. If I have a top half team, then damned the draft and to for it all! jk. ;-D

As it is, since no games will be played on week 17(as it should be, btw), I vote for 4 teams and will do so up top of this thread. Thanks for your help Stomper.

No sweat, that's why you're paying me the big bucks to run this shady outfit! ;-) :-D
stomperrob

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:58 pm

stomperrob wrote:I decided to go with 6 teams as well - with this league on life support this season, I figured 6 teams will the keep majority of owners active until season's end.

Which ever way we choose this season, we can always address the issue again in future seasons if so desired.
;-D

I voted 6 for the reason above. Plus I always seem to play the wrong guy every week but get lucky in the playoffs.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: 2010 Free Agents

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:03 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Sounds like were in need of some roster expansion.

35 is plenty in my opinion.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Completed Trades 2010

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:33 pm

aaawall91 wrote:C4L trades:
Harvin, Carlson, 2010 1st, 2011 2nd and 3rd

for

Gore and Matt Ryan

This trade is condidtional on the fact that we move to a 10 team league, if we stay as a 12 team league it is null and void. It is also only completedd once 1.10 is OTC and both parties agree. I will post a 2nd time stating I still agree or not.

Agree.
Cowboys 4 life

PreviousNext

Return to Any Given Dynasty