Sarah Palin - The New Dan Quayle? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Sarah Palin - The New Dan Quayle?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sarah Palin - The New Dan Quayle?

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:31 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:The real news is that the muslims want to build a mosque on or close to ground zero. Palin defended us Americans by speaking her mind.

I think we were discussing her grammar, not her motives... :-?

Thats what was shocking to me. We are worried ab out Palin's grammer when muslims waht to build a mosque at ground zero. 8-o

I suppose that would be a concern for people who don't believe in one of the most basic things this country was founded on, but if you don't, a mosque near Ground Zero would probably be a problem for you. Me, I believe in the religious freedoms our country stands for, and I think that whatever God you pray to deserves the right to have a house of worship built just about wherever you want to build it.

I'd like to know how a mosque near Ground Zero becomes something we need to be "defended" from. When did we declare war against Islam? I must have missed that. Care to fill me in?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:20 pm

knapplc wrote:I suppose that would be a concern for people who don't believe in one of the most basic things this country was founded on, but if you don't, a mosque near Ground Zero would probably be a problem for you. Me, I believe in the religious freedoms our country stands for, and I think that whatever God you pray to deserves the right to have a house of worship built just about wherever you want to build it.

I'd like to know how a mosque near Ground Zero becomes something we need to be "defended" from. When did we declare war against Islam? I must have missed that. Care to fill me in?

Building something has nothing to do with Freedom of religion. I'm a religious person and can't see how me not wanting a mosque at ground zero is infringing on their religion. I don't want a church there either. Instead I'd like to see some twin towers that transform into Optimus prime and can shoot the planes before it hits the tower.

Not to mention the relgion that mosque represents happens to be the same religion that toppled the towers. Talk about winning. Bin Laden would be stoked if this was allowed.

I think it was Islam that declared war on us. Osama Bin Laden believes in Islam just in case you didn't know. Albiet radical still Islam. To me putting an islamic mosque is like rubbing salt in the wound.

That really doesn't bug you even a little? If the answer is no you should watch the horrific video of people jumping out of the 50th floor because that was better than burning. Then answer the question again.

Back to original subject
Palin does need better grammar skills.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Building something has nothing to do with Freedom of religion. I'm a religious person and can't see how me not wanting a mosque at ground zero is infringing on their religion. I don't want a church there either. Instead I'd like to see some twin towers that transform into Optimus prime and can shoot the planes before it hits the tower.

I must have missed your angst over these churches, all of which are within a couple of blocks of Ground Zero:

St. Paul Chapel
St Peter's Catholic Church
Trinity Church
John Street United Methodist Church
Glad Tidings Tabernacle
St Andrews Roman Catholic Church

$20 says you didn't even know these churches were there. And if you did know, it belies your statement that you "don't want a church there either."

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Not to mention the relgion that mosque represents happens to be the same religion that toppled the towers. Talk about winning. Bin Laden would be stoked if this was allowed.

Islam did not topple those towers and it's ridiculous to assert it did. Some whackjob with a band of followers knocked down the WTC, period. Islam is a religion of peace, just like Christianity. But, just like Christianity, Islam is often perverted to the purposes of bad men, and used as a tool to manipulate the weak. If you're going to blame 9/11 on Muslims than you're going to have to blame the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, a vast portion of World War II and any number of atrocities committed by missionaries on Christianity as well, making you and I as guilty - if not more guilty - than Muslims.

I take no responsibility for the atrocities committed in the name of Christianity. David Koresh and all his ilk may say they represent Christianity, but they don't, at least not the Christianity I believe in. Same goes for the Westboro Baptist Church "Christians" who protest at the funerals of soldiers. Do you really think all of Christendom is to blame for their behavior? Really?

Think about what you're saying with statements like this. Please.

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I think it was Islam that declared war on us. Osama Bin Laden believes in Islam just in case you didn't know. Albiet radical still Islam. To me putting an islamic mosque is like rubbing salt in the wound.

Please show me where "Islam" declared war on us. Osama bin Laden doesn't represent Islam any more than Jim Jones represented Christianity. If some fringe, radical "Christian" declares war on Brazil, are you going to go down to Rio to fight? Again, think this through before you go off like this. It's silly.

Cowboys 4 life wrote:That really doesn't bug you even a little? If the answer is no you should watch the horrific video of people jumping out of the 50th floor because that was better than burning. Then answer the question again.

Nope, a mosque near Ground Zero doesn't bug me in the least, because, as stated, I'm intelligent enough to separate radicalism from Islam. When you focus on hysteria and ignore facts, then sure, it's easy to be pissed about things like this. But when you free your mind from fear-based thinking, you can begin to reason these things out, and realize that not all of Islam is our enemy, and in fact only a tiny portion is, and that judging a vast group on the actions of a tiny fraction is wrong. And it's entirely against what America stands for.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:56 pm

knapplc wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Building something has nothing to do with Freedom of religion. I'm a religious person and can't see how me not wanting a mosque at ground zero is infringing on their religion. I don't want a church there either. Instead I'd like to see some twin towers that transform into Optimus prime and can shoot the planes before it hits the tower.

I must have missed your angst over these churches, all of which are within a couple of blocks of Ground Zero:

St. Paul Chapel
Trinity Church
Glad Tidings Tabernacle

$20 says you didn't even know these churches were there. And if you did know, it belies your statement that you "don't want a church there either."

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Not to mention the relgion that mosque represents happens to be the same religion that toppled the towers. Talk about winning. Bin Laden would be stoked if this was allowed.

Islam did not topple those towers and it's ridiculous to assert it did. Some whackjob with a band of followers knocked down the WTC, period. Islam is a religion of peace, just like Christianity. But, just like Christianity, Islam is often perverted to the purposes of bad men, and used as a tool to manipulate the weak. If you're going to blame 9/11 on Muslims than you're going to have to blame the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, a vast portion of World War II and any number of atrocities committed by missionaries on Christianity as well, making you and I as guilty - if not more guilty - than Muslims.

I take no responsibility for the atrocities committed in the name of Christianity. David Koresh and all his ilk may say they represent Christianity, but they don't, at least not the Christianity I believe in. Same goes for the Westboro Baptist Church "Christians" who protest at the funerals of soldiers. Do you really think all of Christendom is to blame for their behavior? Really?

Think about what you're saying with statements like this. Please.

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I think it was Islam that declared war on us. Osama Bin Laden believes in Islam just in case you didn't know. Albiet radical still Islam. To me putting an islamic mosque is like rubbing salt in the wound.

Please show me where "Islam" declared war on us. Osama bin Laden doesn't represent Islam any more than Jim Jones represented Christianity. If some fringe, radical "Christian" declares war on Brazil, are you going to go down to Rio to fight? Again, think this through before you go off like this. It's silly.

Cowboys 4 life wrote:That really doesn't bug you even a little? If the answer is no you should watch the horrific video of people jumping out of the 50th floor because that was better than burning. Then answer the question again.

Nope, a mosque near Ground Zero doesn't bug me in the least, because, as stated, I'm intelligent enough to separate radicalism from Islam. When you focus on hysteria and ignore facts, then sure, it's easy to be pissed about things like this. But when you free your mind from fear-based thinking, you can begin to reason these things out, and realize that not all of Islam is our enemy, and in fact only a tiny portion is, and that judging a vast group on the actions of a tiny fraction is wrong. And it's entirely against what America stands for.

Nice post, I can't refudiate any of that O:-)

:-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:04 pm

I think you're misunderestimating the muslims.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:02 pm

I want to give knapp a kiss. On the mouth.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I want to give knapp a kiss. On the mouth.

He's a good kisser....so I'm told.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:48 pm

knapplc wrote:I must have missed your angst over these churches, all of which are within a couple of blocks of Ground Zero:

St. Paul Chapel
Trinity Church
Glad Tidings Tabernacle

Pay pal me $20. I don't feel we need a church on ground zero. We have plenty around it already. To build a islamic mosque on Ground Zero or even close would not be a good idea in my opinion for a couple of reasons. One it rubs salt in the wound due to Osama being on the far right side of the islamic religious spectrum. Osama reads the same exact book. Two for their own safety. I can say if I saw an islamic mosque that close to ground zero. I would likely piss on it then hold myself back from doing something destructive until I can think of a better plan. I think Osama would like you. He wouldn't like me very much.

And I always realized there were chruches in the vacinity of the WTC but it was the 6th picture down that made me realize how close http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atla ... ares_.html

Never said Islam did. Just said a guy who believes in a radical form of Islam did. And don't forget the news catching muslims living in America pumping their fist when it happened. Do you really think the majority of people in these mosques were crying with us when the towers were hit? THEY WERE CHEERING! You want to appease people like this or just the other 80% of the muslim citizens that attend the same mosque/church he does? Putting a mosque of Osama's religion close to ground zero would piss alot of people off.

Me neither. The Bible warns me of stuff like this.
Deu 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Deu 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

The Quran doesn't warn them of people like bin laden.

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2010062310 ... world.html

I know you read left side news but this will have to work.

Some of this I can agree with. Not all of Islam are radicals. But if you would offer your service and single the radicals out to me I'd really appreciate it. They will likely be blending in so just start at one of these mosques.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby m16a » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 pm

knapplc wrote:Islam did not topple those towers and it's ridiculous to assert it did. Some whackjob with a band of followers knocked down the WTC, period. Islam is a religion of peace, just like Christianity. But, just like Christianity, Islam is often perverted to the purposes of bad men, and used as a tool to manipulate the weak. If you're going to blame 9/11 on Muslims than you're going to have to blame the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, a vast portion of World War II and any number of atrocities committed by missionaries on Christianity as well, making you and I as guilty - if not more guilty - than Muslims.

Knapp,

That is where you are very very wrong. Whether we like it or not, Islam IS a violent religion. One of the five pillars of it is Jihad, or war on the non believers and Mohammad was as violent as they came. This does reflect badly on Islam because IT'S A BAD THING. Granted, not every Muslim is a violent Jihadist. I know plenty of Muslims who disapprove of the violent form of Jihad, just like many of us Christians disapprove of the atrocities committed by our ancestors during the Inquisition, during the crusades, and more. (such muslims often subscribe to the much less known form of Jihad that is a war on personal sin. It's a newer idea though) Apologies have been made to the injured parties in the past, and it never excuses it, but at least there was a try! Do we see the Islamic community at large apologizing for what their crimes against humanity? Nope. That's a problem in my eyes. It's why the truest and radical form of Islam is such a threat to this world at whole. I realize that we gotta walk a line of sanity as civilized people, but look what tolerance does in Europe. Can we at least take a stand against little things like this?

Mosque at Ground Zero. It boils my blood. Anyways. How about that Sarah Palin? :-b
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:01 pm

C4L and m16a, thanks for teeing up a couple for me. Sadly, a little simple googling could have prevented both posts, but you left that to me. I'll answer you both.... tomorrow. It's been a long, hot day.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk