Need IDP Tier List Or FULL Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

Need IDP Tier List Or FULL Rankings

Need IDP Tier List Or FULL Rankings

Postby JaysFan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:50 pm

I am in a 12 team IDP league where we draft 10 IDP each and we need to have D, D, LB, LB, LB, DE, DE, CB, CB, S.

Also, since it's rather big play heavy, I need a site or some publication that can break things down for me to tell me rankings of all IDP. Here's our scoring:

Defensive Scoring
Tackle Solo 2
Tackle Assist 1
Sack 10
Interception 10
Fumble Force 10
Fumble Recovery 10
Defensive Touchdown 20
Safety 25
Pass Defended 3
Block Kick 25
JaysFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need IDP Tier List Or FULL Rankings

Postby mattb47 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:06 pm

http://www.fftoday.com/index.html

Go there. You can get stats from last season with your scoring system and get their projections for next year with your scoring system as well. It's a great site.

One piece of advice though...even though your league is heavier on big plays, you'll want to make sure you don't overvalue the guys who may have had a lot of big plays last year. Those plays are exceptionally unpredictable and you'll find that most of them don't repeat their performances. Concentrate on high tackle and higher sack players...so players like James Harrison and DeMarcus Ware are going to be a bit more valuable because they amass reasonable tackle numbers along with being elite in sacks.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JaysFan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:19 pm

Where do I get those scoring projections? Thanks by the way...
JaysFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)

Postby mattb47 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:30 pm

Go to My FFToday and create an account...then you can create a league profile. Once you have that, go to Rankings/Projections and they'll have projections for players split up by DL, LB, and DB. You can also go to Stats and see the players stats from the previous season.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AllDay » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:25 am

I would disagree a bit in that you can predict sacks and you should use that to your advantage.

Those 20 point bonuses can be game changers. You want some of the guys capable of doing that.

To get down to names I would put Allen, Peppers, Williams, Tuck, Cole in an elite group at DL. After that it gets a little dicey and will be hit or miss.

Ware, Dumervil, Woodley, Harrison, C Matthews, Orakpo and Suggs I would target at LB. I'd take Willis or Beason in that group as well - but they should be long gone and I actually would prefer most of the others. In reality you need to watch which of these players are being drafted, then swoop in as late as you can and grab as many as you can.

With that scoring - at some point you also have to consider playing matchups with some of your D spots - so reaching for a few 'keepers' early and then picking over leftovers at D that can be cheaply churned isn't to be ignored.

Adding to my other response in the Draft forum, I guess I'd probably force myself to reach for some of those D players a round earlier than I normally would. Don't be first to draft D - but pay attention when people do. You can ignore 3-4 early D picks - but a run of 5-6 of those coveted players going off the board early means you need to start weighing the consequences of jumping in vs. filling holes on offense.

Before you really take any of this advice too seriously, what does the rest of your league scoring look like? Bonuses for long TD's or other strange scoring to offset these heavy D bonuses? If the offense is normal and the D is really skewed - then drafting D early and often becomes a viable strategy to anticipate.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AllDay » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:40 am

....and sorry I left basically the same link to fftoday that matt left in my other post, but that should only tell you it's a solid enough source to start at. I'm sure there are more projection sites out there that might help uncover a diamond in the rough for your format.

A guy I'd throw out there that might be a decent later LB pick would be Greenway. He gets solid tackle totals and also seems to get the occasional sack/INT/fumble as well. Not much real upside in your format - just a homer pick and a guy who might slip but provide dependable stats. In that format I'd rather go with an 80 solo tackle guy with some sack/TO potential rather than a guy like Lofton or Ruud who will get tackles but probably not much else.
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:22 am

I'm wondering what you're talking about when you say you disagree a bit and then go on to repeat exactly what I was saying about sacks...when I say don't rely too heavily on big play guys, I'm talking about guys who had unusually high INT totals or FF totals or defensive TD totals as they are extremely unlikely to repeat and it's foolish to draft guys based on something that unpredictable. Where exactly did I warn against taking high sack guys? Didn't I even endorse taking high sack guys like Harrison and Ware?
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AllDay » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:26 am

Because when you said this:

One piece of advice though...even though your league is heavier on big plays, you'll want to make sure you don't overvalue the guys who may have had a lot of big plays last year. Those plays are exceptionally unpredictable and you'll find that most of them don't repeat their performances.

I would disagree with that and say there is certainly a group of players that should be targeted based on their big play (sack) potential and they could be difference makers on your team.

Your advice seemed a bit conflicted to me since you didn't go too heavily into discerning INT's and defensive TD's as the big plays to not chase. To me a sack is a big play, and in this format can and should be drafted for (at least for elite sack totals).

I never claimed you issued a warning against taking high sack guys. Yes you did endorse taking guys like Harrison and Ware.
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:29 am

Sorry...sacks are NOT considered big plays in any real fantasy circle for fantasy football and IDPs. Big plays are pretty easily defined as defensive turnovers, defensive TDs, and plays such as blocked kicks, safeties, etc that don't happen as often. You're just grasping for straws right now man...because the part you quoted was followed DIRECTLY by me endorsing players who are high tackle AND sack guys so obviously I wasn't talking about avoiding sacks...which aren't and shouldn't be considered "big plays".
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AllDay » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 am

How exactly is fully explaining my comments 'grasping'?

You gave some pretty vague and conflicting advice. If I explained what you intended to convey better than you did then I apologize for making you look bad.

Maybe you should have mom take you to a back2school sale for new school clothes or something and you'll feel better. How old are you anyways? 12?
Last edited by AllDay on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to IDP