Need IDP Tier List Or FULL Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

Need IDP Tier List Or FULL Rankings

Re: Need IDP Tier List Or FULL Rankings

Postby JaysFan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:41 am

Ok guys thanks for the advice. Please stop the senseless bickering now, I get an email every time there is a response LOL
JaysFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:50 am

AllDay wrote:How exactly is fully explaining my comments 'grasping'?

You gave some pretty vague and conflicting advice. If I explained what you intended to convey better than you did then I apologize for making you look bad.

Maybe you should have mom take you to a back2school sale for new school clothes or something and you'll feel better. How old are you anyways? 12?

It seems to me that it was only "vague and conflicting" to you...so maybe that should tell you something. Nice insults by the way, definitely makes you look like the mature one... :-b

And JaysFan, you can take away the email for a response thing...I'd just check in periodically on the post rather than doing that.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AllDay » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:11 am

Dude....when your advice is 'don't chase 'big plays' in a scoring format like this:

Defensive Scoring
Tackle Solo 2
Tackle Assist 1
Sack 10
Interception 10
Fumble Force 10
Fumble Recovery 10
Defensive Touchdown 20
Safety 25
Pass Defended 3
Block Kick 25

I would say that is advice I disagree with.

Since sacks are 10 points and an INT is 10 points then a sack is just as big a play as an INT in this league.

Congrats on turning the thread from helpful discussion on an IDP league into your constant whining about my disagreement with how you stated your brief, poorly written response.

Stay in school, son.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Just because a sack counts the same amount of points as a big play does not make it a big play. It makes it worth a lot of points which is why I endorsed finding high sack and high tackle guys...but going after guys who may have had some big plays last year (INTs, FF, FR, and Defensive TDs and such for those who aren't keeping up), is a poor way to go about it because of the incredible unpredictability about it.

Pretty simple overall...kinda concerned that you're taking so long to grasp this concept.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to IDP