Rebuilding a Computer... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Rebuilding a Computer...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rebuilding a Computer...

Postby sox 06 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:13 am

moonhead wrote:
sox 06 wrote:I wiped the HDD drive clean and dedicated it to Mythbuntu and it boots fine now. My USB TV Tuner is powered, but when I run a scan for channels, it says the "card can't be opened."

have you googled? what's your card make and model?

Not yet, but I plan on it. I've been real busy the past week or so. I bought an HP USB TV Tuner last summer to use with my laptop when I went off to college. It worked great, but I've transferred to a different school this year and I'm living at home so I won't need it. I figured I'd make this free computer into a PVR to put the tuner to use so it wouldn't be lying around the house collecting dust. I got it to work with a few programs on this computer when I had XP on it.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rebuilding a Computer...

Postby moonhead » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:11 am

sox 06 wrote:
moonhead wrote:
sox 06 wrote:I wiped the HDD drive clean and dedicated it to Mythbuntu and it boots fine now. My USB TV Tuner is powered, but when I run a scan for channels, it says the "card can't be opened."

have you googled? what's your card make and model?

Not yet, but I plan on it. I've been real busy the past week or so. I bought an HP USB TV Tuner last summer to use with my laptop when I went off to college. It worked great, but I've transferred to a different school this year and I'm living at home so I won't need it. I figured I'd make this free computer into a PVR to put the tuner to use so it wouldn't be lying around the house collecting dust. I got it to work with a few programs on this computer when I had XP on it.

google around. the ubuntu forums are a good place to ask questions, for starters. if you need help understanding something, gimme a shout.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Previous

Return to General Talk