Better Keeper, A.Curry or Dumervil? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

Better Keeper, A.Curry or Dumervil?

Better Keeper, A.Curry or Dumervil?

Postby tmoney26 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:24 am

1 pt tkl/ass, 3 pts sk/int, 6pts for td's, 2pts for everything else

Curry was a gigantic bust last year in IDP. Should I roll the dice on another year with him?
tmoney26
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Better Keeper, A.Curry or Dumervil?

Postby mattb47 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:32 am

Dumervil is pretty elite as a sack artist and 3 pts/sack is pretty solid numbers there. I'd probably keep Dumervil over Curry as Curry has a lot of competition for tackles in Seattle and was kind of a disappointment last season from a fantasy perspective.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gridiron-guru » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Dumervil is done for the year (not sure if you are following the news closely so I thought I'd not that.)

If your points per sack were 4+ then I'd take Dumervil.
Curry has been in his system for a full year and I believe he is going to take a gigantic leap forward this year.

He has the range to be a tackling machine in Seattle, and their defense is bad enough that he will see plenty of opportunities. Curry has the potential to mix in a few interceptions...maybe even a TD or two...I'd keep Curry
gridiron-guru
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:09 pm

gridiron-guru wrote:Dumervil is done for the year (not sure if you are following the news closely so I thought I'd not that.)

If your points per sack were 4+ then I'd take Dumervil.
Curry has been in his system for a full year and I believe he is going to take a gigantic leap forward this year.

He has the range to be a tackling machine in Seattle, and their defense is bad enough that he will see plenty of opportunities. Curry has the potential to mix in a few interceptions...maybe even a TD or two...I'd keep Curry

This was posted before Dumervil's injury, so I'm pretty sure if he could change his keeper pick to Curry he has done so by now. I also don't think its as easy to say that Curry is in his 2nd year and will make big jumps, I think he may record a few more tackles and a sack or two, but thats about it. Have to realize that Lofa was out all but 5 games last year and will shift back into the MLB slot, moving Herring to SLB and Curry to WLB. This could help Curry's chances to accumulate a few more sacks and an INT or 2, covering more routes then Herring will be.

Don't get me wrong Curry is a top young LB, but I think it will take some more experience and better yet, better opportunities not involving Tatupu or a breakout player in Herring for Curry to become a top end option at LB.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby anap » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:54 am

Do you HAVE to keep one? Try to pickup Rolando McLain.

I'm a Seahawks fan and it doesn't look like Curry will live up to his 1st round drafting. Plus with Lofa around and the excellent and under-rated David Hawthorne, he won't come close to being a tackle machine. Hopefully I'm wrong because he is described as an athletic freak, but he doesn't have the natural instincts of a Cushing or Willis.
anap
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby TheGhost » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Curry is looking like a bust.
TheGhost
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball