Dont draft him...Draft Karim! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dont draft him...Draft Karim!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dont draft him...Draft Karim!

Postby RBManiac » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:11 pm

ok please, you guys are completely ignorant to the whole point of my post.

I clearly said "if you are the type of guy who likes to grab a backup to a top 5 RB late in the draft, than grab karim.

Did i once say he was better than MJD???? not at all. I said he was more talented athleticly. which is true

just keep talking all your garbage about how much you disagree with everything i say.

by dgan on 02 Aug 2010 19:21

In crazy dude's defense, I have seen a number of fantasy experts jumping on the Karim-Watch bus. But it is still just a 'watch'. I think that is where you need to temper your enthusiasm a bit. A lot of guys impress in the first 2 days of camp - there is a lot more to the game than talent. Let things move along a bit and keep an eye on it. No reason to get so caught up this early in camp.

thats the smartest response ive heard all day, but id rather not call me crazy

lets leave it at that,

by moose_ffc on 02 Aug 2010 19:09

I don't know if I buy the Karim hype, but I do like your excitement. Thanks for expressing you "love". I will keep my eyes and ears peeled for any future news on the guy. I am not in a dynasty league, but grabbing him as late as you did sounds like a solid pick.

Yep, sounds like someone actually took the time to read my article...thank you, exactly what i meant, grabbing him late like I did is a solid pick.

now as far as what these other chumps are complaining about.

Did i say grab this guy mid round? no...i said grab him late(last round) maybe? lol
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:05 pm

:-° :-D :-° :-D :-° :-D :-°

See? Sometimes you just need to take a few deep breaths and calm down a bit. :-b

The point everyone else is trying to make is that you should draft the backup. Your piece at the beginning of the thread says (paraphrasing) "Hey, don't assume Jennings will be that guy. This Karim dude is really good and is turning heads!" But that's all it says. Then you start with "He's more talented than MJD" and really radical personal opinions. At the end you said, "Thoughts?"

So don't get all offended with others when they express thoughts that differ from your own. No one has argued against your premise that he may win the backup job - we are just arguing against this attitude that seems to suggest he is such an amazing talent that there is no way Jennings could possibly be the backup and thus the better fantasy option. I will still take whomever is the apparent backup in Jacksonville at the time of my draft. Brandon Jackson has been the better "talent" in Green Bay for what, 3 years now? But Grant is the better RB because he does everything well and doesn't make mistakes, but as a runner he is about as unimpressive a guy you will find.

FYI, people don't respond well to comments of "talking garbage", "keep disagreeing with me", and multiple "????". They are just making counter-arguments of the facts. It is hard to discuss this when your primary argument is based on how much YOU like the guy and how no one ever listens to you. I work with 5 women and then come home to a wife, daughter, and even the dog is female. So by the time I come to the Cafe, I am really not in the mood to listen about how no one listens to you...no sympathy here, my friend. If you just relax a bit, be a little less emotional, and make rational arguments based on facts and then agree to disagree when necessary, you'll find us much less combative. ;-D
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby mattb47 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:24 pm

I don't even feel like we're being combative...he just seems determined to make us look like we are. We're just stating alternative opinions and, at least for how I usually am, I think I'm being rather nice about it all. :-b ;-)
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Wenchtamer » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:58 am

Talented, but a rookie buried on the depth chart.

A nice dynasty stash.

Not draftable in redrafts, unless you're going 220+ players deep.

I think that about sums it up.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby markulous » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:05 am

Calm down there essay. No one is attacking you or even bashing your thoughts. Just some people disagreed with a few things you said. I mean you're posting a deep sleeper, what do you expect? If everyone agreed with you, he'd be ranked higher, right?
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:50 pm

I'm going to put it into perspective for you. Nine times out of ten you are going to get responses that disagree, because there isn't much point in everyone joining in on a huge circle jerk telling each other how awesome they are for liking the same guy. Most people will read something they agree with, and pass it by without comment because there is nothing more to add. Listening to both sides of an argument is the only way to make an informed decision on whether to waste a pick on a guy or not. Acting as you did will only cause people to disregard any opinion you have on any subject in the future, regardless of merit.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby RBManiac » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:35 pm

well, i read the comments, and its more ont he insulting side than actually trying to understand my article's point.

maybe i will rephrase it next time and make it clear that i took karim in the last round of my dynasty and keeper league. I seriously am convinced Karim will be on the field alot more than jennings was last year, and in case injuries come to mjd, karim will probly be the guy to own as mjd's real backup
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:11 pm

You proceeded to call people ignorant, and chumps, for offering a different side of the argument then you. It's all about good debate in this part of the forum, I've seen tons of threads go back and forth for pages between guys without insults, or acting like you were disrespected because nobody agreed. For the record I'm not sure what you found so insulting, I agree with most of what your saying and I think your missing that point.

I think taking him in the last round of a dynasty is a great idea and a great pick no doubt about it. I even have him in a few myself(though I own MJD in those), I just don't feel like the back-up RB for the Jags will touch the football very much, and I just remember Jennings getting the same sort of hype, with the same type of articles, only to be non existent when it mattered.

I don't know why you feel like you were insulted or disrespected but you were the only one to start name calling when people didn't 100% agree with you, but I know to avoid your threads from now on. I just think it's funny that you ended your post by saying 'Thoughts?', then proceeded to tear down anyone who wasn't on exactly the same page as you were.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:36 am

Old axiom regarding training camp - don't overvalue players based on how they perform in shorts - wait until full contact starts.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby biju » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Might be better to not resurface this thread, but it appears that Rashad Jennings has beat out Deji Karim for the #2 job:

Rotoworld.com wrote:Coach Jack Del Rio has named Rashad Jennings the Jaguars' No. 2 back.
He beat out rookie Deji Karim, whose impressive OTA work apparently didn't translate to contact practices. "He can do all the things we want a running back to do," said Del Rio of Jennings, "from running the ball, blitz protection, catching the ball, knowing the entire offense inside and out." Jennings can be targeted as a late-round handcuff by Maurice Jones-Drew fantasy owners.

As mentioned in the thread, information based on drills without pads are often misleading. I still believe Karim is a good long term dynasty prospect, but he's got a long way to go before he has any value.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk