Brett Favre Watch 2011 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brett Favre Watch 2011

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Brett Favre Watch 2011

Postby u_fig_eater » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:52 pm

How has ESPN not made this into a reality show?

They should do a "Decision" show for Brett just like LeBron. lol
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:04 pm

u_fig_eater wrote:How has ESPN not made this into a reality show?

They should do a "Decision" show for Brett just like LeBron. lol

I think they learned their lesson. :-b

What I heard was that Shiancoe got a text from Favre and assumed the other players got the same text, so he started talking about it with them. At some point, this confusion spills out to some sort of media contact and a few days later here we are being chased by the snowball coming down the hill at us.

Now of course, Shiancoe has zipped his lip so no one is able to confirm anything from anyone and find out what actually happened.

My guess: Favre will come up with any excuse to skip training camp, and the ankle is the perfect alibi. Bus Cook (his agent) figures he might as well use this opportunity to leverage more money on a 1 year contract in an uncapped year. The Vikings owner would give him 9,999 of their land's lakes to get him to stay. Favre is of course not opposed to making more money, I'm sure, so it's a nice little bonus in addition to missing two-a-days.

But who knows for sure.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Brett boarded a plane this morning and has landed in Minny....stay tuned. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Azrael » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Welcome back to the 3rd round Sidney Rice.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:40 pm

That was quite the bit of media coverage. They even spoke with Favre's dentist. Apparently, this has been "an extraordinarily taxing" ordeal, and Favre "is suffering from soreness in his jaw as a result of speaking with the media during (his second unretirement)." IT is not expected to keep Favre from practice.

Favre's jaw is considered day-to-day.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Munboy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:55 pm

What gets me about the whole thing is I've spent the past 2 days watching members of the media complain about the "circus"...not realizing that THEY'RE the ones creating it! It's not called a media circus for nothing! Maybe Favre likes the attention. Maybe he really can't decide. Maybe his ankle was holding him back. Maybe he just wanted to skip most training camp.... But they can't create a media circus and then complain about it. :-t
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ek » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:12 pm

So the question now is...what do you expect from this guy? I'm expecting a mild regression but still a good season - he'll probably be a bargain for those that drafting him prior to re-un-retirement, but I'm guessing he won't be a top-5 guy again. I'm thinking 25-28 TDs, 13-15 picks, and 3700-3900 yards. I think his age is a concern, as are the health issues amongst Vikings WRs, plus I think it is just tough for even the best players to replicate a season like he had last year.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Ek wrote:So the question now is...what do you expect from this guy? I'm expecting a mild regression but still a good season - he'll probably be a bargain for those that drafting him prior to re-un-retirement, but I'm guessing he won't be a top-5 guy again. I'm thinking 25-28 TDs, 13-15 picks, and 3700-3900 yards. I think his age is a concern, as are the health issues amongst Vikings WRs, plus I think it is just tough for even the best players to replicate a season like he had last year.

I expect a significant injury mid season, and early (if you can say that) retirment. He's just too old and too physical too survive.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk