Moderator: Football Moderators

Training Camp 2010

Postby dream_017 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:44 am

This has always been a popular thread here, so why not start it again. ;-D

To start it off....everybody is signed and in camp ;-D ;-D ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Training Camp 2010

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:05 pm

i'm trying to schedule a meeting with a guy at Roush so i can pop into open practice afterwards :-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i'm trying to schedule a meeting with a guy at Roush so i can pop into open practice afterwards :-D

;-D

I wasn't able to get to the season ticket practices that they opened. I hope to hit 1-2 of the open practices though
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Looking forward to any insight you can add, Dream. Man I can hardly wait for season to start. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:37 am

Here is a story from SI.com, they are visiting all 32 teams.

1. Matthew Stafford looks ready to take a big step in his second year in the NFL. Last summer, as a rookie, he split training camp repetitions with Daunte Culpepper and rode the usual highs and lows of a first-year pro. This summer, he is an undisputed starter, comfortable in his role as team leader. (Shaun Hill is his backup).

2. The Lions are building an aggressive front four that, if successful, will take pressure off the rest of the defense. That's precisely why the Lions drafted Ndamukong Suh, signed Vanden Bosch, and traded for defensive tackle Corey Williams.

3. Optimism for improvement from last year's 2-14 season is strong both inside the locker room and out. My first taste of it came when I landed in Detroit and the Dollar Rental car agent -- a man named Bill -- hit me with a prediction for the 2010 season.

dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Delmas injured groin not healing well. According to MLive Louis Delmas is unable to practice due to his groin injury, though they do not feel not feel that surgery will be needed. MLive, Killer Kowalski linkage: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... for_l.html

If Delmas has to miss any significant time, well, actually, if he should miss a game the impact on an already tissue thin secondary would be severe. I don't expect much out of the D this season, but they have to find a way to keep teams from time consuming drives that pile up points and keep the Lions shakey O predictable. this is not a good sign.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mrpu » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Not good news about Delmas...but I'm surprised we haven't heard anything on the Zach playing OLB? I'm very interested to hear how he's been doing at that spot? Anyone?
Mrpu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:26 am

Mrpu wrote:Not good news about Delmas...but I'm surprised we haven't heard anything on the Zach playing OLB? I'm very interested to hear how he's been doing at that spot? Anyone?

I've heard he has been good enough to pretty much lock it up.

Delmas - yikes, that would be a huge blow to an already weak secondary. It will be something to look at and I'm interested to see what happens with the defense this year. Way too many time in recent years there has not been a defense player within 5 yards of the QB when he drops back to pass. That puts a ton of pressure on the DBs. Hopefully we are able to get some pressure on the opposing QB and it will help out the entire defense. Obviously there are ways to protect against a good D-line, but it will make other coaches work harder that just calling a play-action pass and completing a 20-30 yard pass at will.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby Mrpu » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:13 pm

well Delmas came off the pup list today, let's hope they take it easy and don't rush him in there.
Mrpu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:54 pm

Mrpu wrote:well Delmas came off the pup list today, let's hope they take it easy and don't rush him in there.

I'm breathing a little sigh of releif. Louie has to play big this season, hope they take it real slow with him. Has to be there all year, has to.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Detroit Lions