How does IR work on ESPN? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

How does IR work on ESPN?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How does IR work on ESPN?

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:04 am

Anyone know exactly how ESPN manages the IR spot? I read their rules and they are not clear to me:

INJURY DESIGNATIONS
The system uses the NFL's official disabled list to update players' injury status.

MANAGING YOUR INJURED RESERVE
Players who are eligible for the injured reserve (IR) are designated with an asterisk and an "IR," followed by a number indicating expected duration (in days) of the injury in red. To move a player on your team to an IR slot click on the "Manage IR" link at the top of your team page. This link will only appear in leagues which use IR slot(s).

What confuses me about that is that the NFL's official designation of "IR" means "Out for the season". But I don't think that's what the above is saying. Do you take this to mean that if a player is officially "Out" for the week, ESPN will let me put that player in an IR spot? What about those listed as "Doubtful"?

Thanks
Bloody Sox
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How does IR work on ESPN?

Postby stoshzone » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:44 pm

I can't give you an "official" stance, but in my experience, the doubtful and questionable are not eligible. It seems that the player has to be at a minimum ruled out for that week. Once the player is on IR, he stays there until you take him out (regardless of whether he is playing or not)
CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM
stoshzone
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How does IR work on ESPN?

Postby xfactor0707 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:19 pm

Yea the player has to be Ruled out for more than a week. So it should have a RED O right next to the players name. I currently have Ben Roethlisberger in the IR spot because he has been ruled out for the first couple of games due to his suspension.
xfactor0707
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner