Eli Manning - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eli Manning

Moderator: Football Moderators

Eli Manning

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:19 pm

The Giants expect Eli Manning's numbers to go down this season as they concentrate on re-establishing a dominant rushing attack.

The Giants not only struggled to establish a successful ground game last year, they also ended up playing from behind, giving up 30+ points seven times. Eli's 2010 passing attempts will go down at the expense of the rushing attempts, which last season were the Giants' lowest since 2004. Expect more vertical passes to Hakeem Nicks, but considerably fewer pass attempts as a whole. Rotoworld's Draft Guide does not project Manning to finish as a QB1.
Source: ESPN.com

They really did HAVE to throw more last year. Great Wr's, almost too much offense to go around.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Eli Manning

Postby joejlitz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Quarterback Eli Manning suffered a big gash to the left side of his temple and was forced to leave the New York Giants' game against the New York Jets on Monday night.

Manning left the field at the New Meadowlands Stadium with a towel held to the left side of his head to limit the bleeding. He was accompanied by two Giants trainers.

The team announced that Manning got 12 stitches to close a 3-inch gash to his head. He would not return to the game. He showed no signs of a concussion, the team added, and was sent home by the Giants' medical staff. "I feel fine. I feel normal," Manning said. "The play was my fault. We had a run play with an option to throw a fade that I thought I might try, but Brandon (Jacobs) was coming right up the middle. Sometimes you make a mistake and you get hit in the head. It's preseason, you learn from it."
Manning said he will be back soon, that he didn't really sustain an injury. "I really feel like I could go back out and play right now if I had to," he said. Fans gave him an ovation as he walked off the field with 10:45 left in the second quarter. Manning was hurt on a third-down, play-action pass from the Jets 5-yard line that started out all wrong.

NFL dot com

It's just a flesh wound.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: Eli Manning

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:45 pm

My question is what is different to allow them to run the ball so much more? When you are down big in a game you only run to throw the opponent off guard. The Giants are a good team but I question whether they can just change gears and actually do what they say. If it doesn't work they will do what they did last year and pass.

I don't see Eli's numbers being all that far off. Part of why the numbers are up is because they actually have a couple of decent WR's to throw to. I don't see all that much change this year.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk