Best site for Fantasy Football? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Best site for Fantasy Football?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Best site for Fantasy Football?

Postby J Per » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:47 am

My family and I are looking to switch up our league to a dynasty league. We've been on ESPN but I keep hearing Myfantasyleague is the way to go for dynasty leagues. Is this correct?

I've been playing for years but have never done a dynasty...I'm ecstatic.
J Per
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:32 am

J Per wrote:My family and I are looking to switch up our league to a dynasty league. We've been on ESPN but I keep hearing Myfantasyleague is the way to go for dynasty leagues. Is this correct?

MFL and FleaFlicker are prob the most popular sites for dynasties! My own personal preference is Flea. ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby m16a » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:26 am

J Per wrote:My family and I are looking to switch up our league to a dynasty league. We've been on ESPN but I keep hearing Myfantasyleague is the way to go for dynasty leagues. Is this correct?

First off, welcome to the cafe j per. Hopefully you'll stick around and enjoy this great site. ;-D

Secondly, like stomper, I'd give another nod to fleaflicker. Not only is it free, it has one of the best interfaces I have seen. You'll definitely enjoy a dynasty, but it's a much different dynamic. Have fun and good luck.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby J Per » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks m16, glad to find a place with people as obsessed with fantasy football as much as myself.

And thanks to both of you, I will look at fleaflicker right away!
J Per
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:20 am

The 3 i use are fleaflicker, fanball, and yahoo.

I like Each for different reasons. Flea is free an easy. Fanball costs money but is solid all around except live scoring which seems a little behind. And yahoo which is easy and improves every year.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Instinctive » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:19 am

J Per wrote:Thanks m16, glad to find a place with people as obsessed with fantasy football as much as myself.

If you're ok with paying for it, MFL is far and away the best site. The only thing Flea has on it is 3-way trade ability and free-ness.

other than that, MFL has a better waiver interface, trade interface, customizability, accounting system...a WAY better online draft ability, for the yearly rookie draft and/or the startup if you aren't having a live draft (you should have a live one because they're SO MUCH FUN though)...

That's nto to say Flea is bad - I like it quite a bit. And the fact that it's free makes a difference. But without cost involved, MFL is hands down a better hosting site.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby m16a » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Instinctive wrote:
J Per wrote:Thanks m16, glad to find a place with people as obsessed with fantasy football as much as myself.

If you're ok with paying for it, MFL is far and away the best site. The only thing Flea has on it is 3-way trade ability and free-ness.

other than that, MFL has a better waiver interface, trade interface, customizability, accounting system...a WAY better online draft ability, for the yearly rookie draft and/or the startup if you aren't having a live draft (you should have a live one because they're SO MUCH FUN though)...

That's nto to say Flea is bad - I like it quite a bit. And the fact that it's free makes a difference. But without cost involved, MFL is hands down a better hosting site.

That is fair to add. I spent about one season on MFL, and it was being paid for me. I didn't have much chance to get in depth with it, and this was a few years back, so they coulda changed. I'm highly biased towards free services, since I'm a cheap mofo. So insinctive is right on checking out MFL if you have little qualms with paying.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby J Per » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Thanks for the help guys. It looks like we're going to go with MFL. They have a special running right now so it will only be like $4 each person. It's definitely not the flashiest out of any I saw but holy smokes is it deep.
J Per
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Beginner's Forum