Anthony Gonzalez and Collie = no fantasy relevance??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anthony Gonzalez and Collie = no fantasy relevance???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anthony Gonzalez and Collie = no fantasy relevance???

Postby bungle613 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:57 pm

Per Rotoworld

SI's Peter King suggests that Anthony Gonzalez could overtake Austin Collie to be the Colts' primary slot receiver this season.

While King is speculating, this is one of the main reasons we can't get excited about Collie's fantasy outlook. Or Gonzalez's, for that matter. Collie played too well in 2009 to outright bench, but King says he "get(s) the feeling (Peyton) Manning will be more comfortable with Gonzalez in the slot." They could end up sharing the position, and canceling each other out in fantasy leagues.
Source: SI.com

No so sure I buy it. Gonzalez didn't really do anything for me while he was on the field. I can't recall seeing 2 players split the slot equally over a year and I think Collie is just better. Time will tell.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anthony Gonzalez and Collie = no fantasy relevance???

Postby footballsimp » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:57 am

Stokely played the slot for Indy and in '04 had a career year. 1,000 + yards and 10 TD's. I am not saying Gonzalez will do that but I wouldnt just write off whoever lined up at that position for the Colts.
footballsimp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:08 am

footballsimp wrote:Stokely played the slot for Indy and in '04 had a career year. 1,000 + yards and 10 TD's. I am not saying Gonzalez will do that but I wouldnt just write off whoever lined up at that position for the Colts.

Agreed, but what they are saying is that it would be a WRBC, both could get enough snaps that tehy cancel each other out for FF revelance.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby footballsimp » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:03 am

I think one of the two will be the usual #3. Manning and Marvin Harrison worked out all the time before games to work on chemistry. For a timing QB like Manning, that chemistry is key. It will be better with one of the I would think.

Collie might have the edge now because Gonzo was hurt last year
footballsimp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby petedog9 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:46 am

I took a flier on A. Gonzalez late in my redraft last weekend. After watching the week 2 preseason game. I though he looked good and Manning looked to him multiple times. He's n my bench as a guy with upside. Nothing more.. I think I got him in round 14 or 15 of a 10 teamer...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metropolitans » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:00 am

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE with the idea that Gonzalez will have "no fantasy relevance" ... Last year, Anthony Gonzalez was CLEARLY primed for a Breakout Season as Mannings #2 WR behind Reggie Wayne. Obviously, a severe knee injury hampered his 2009 Campaign and he clearly ailed all season long, even when he did make it onto the field, so when judging AGon, I wouldnt look at lastyrs performances bc he was hurt. I FULLY exoect AGon to be healthy, and thus takeover as the #2 WR, and on Peytons Offense, thats a VERY solid Fantasy Option... Mark me down as a Gonzalez Believer!!! I think he emerges as a WR1 in Fantasy bc all of the double teams will be on Wayne and Gonzalezs value is sooooo low after lastyr, he could be the steal of the draft!!! But lets keep that a secret, I Love the value im getting out of him!!!
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley