Preseaon Week 1 - Lions v Steelers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Preseaon Week 1 - Lions v Steelers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Preseaon Week 1 - Lions v Steelers

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:43 am

What do you want to see?

I will be looking for:
- Stafford to be able to stay off the turf
- Jahvid Best either breaking a tackle to make a long run or hitting a hole to make a long run(when was the last time we have seen either)
- Follett
- Defensive line putting some pressure on the QB
- The secondary WRs making some plays to be able to open up things for Megatron
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Preseaon Week 1 - Lions v Steelers

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Confirmed out for week 1:
K Jason Hanson
LB DeAndre Levy
DE Jared DeVries
S Louis Delmas
CB Aaron Berry
TE Brandon Pettigrew
RB Kevin Smith
WR Mike Moore
CB Jack Williams (PUP)
S Ko Simpson (PUP)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:35 pm

The most important thing I want to see in x-week one is that my hope stay intact. I think it would be a huge improvement if the Lions could go a whole preseason without giving me that familiar feeling of "uhoh, this team is over-matched."
Okay, game specific, these are a few of my wishes:

Stafford throws the ball with accuracy. I can take bad judgement at this stage, but wonky passing scares me.
Best just needs to show he can catch, has speed, and can make people miss. Is that so much to ask? lol
Would like to see Williams make me think he can take a return all the way.
Gosdar Cherilous could play with some of the anger that coach NimRod loved so much.
Scheffler could get open and catch whatever comes his way.
Want to see D Line not allow anything up the middle. Would soil myself if Suh makes an impact.
Will be okay if LBs and secondary doesn't make me vomit.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Mrpu » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:53 pm

[quote="dream_017"]What do you want to see?

I will be looking for:
- Stafford to be able to stay off the turf
- Jahvid Best either breaking a tackle to make a long run or hitting a hole to make a long run(when was the last time we have seen either)
- Follett
- Defensive line putting some pressure on the QB
- The secondary WRs making some plays to be able to open up things for Megatron[/quote]

Stafford stayed off the turf and was sharp for his first game in a while, also the Oline looke decent against Pitts 1st line.

Best looks fast!! Something we haven't seen from a RB in a while.

Follett looks like he was pulled and was playing more with the 2nd team? But with Dizon now out we are even more thin at LB now.

Defense was able to get to the QB offten, now was it because of the qb? Time will tell but so far the D line was good.

Nate and Bryant looked good. I also liked the routes that Toone ran.

Overall it seems this ship in heading in the right direction still a little thin in depth but Rome wasn't built in a year.
Mrpu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Very happy to see Vandenbosh get off to a good start. If this is what he is, we've a nice signing there. He put real pressure on the QB, something we haven't had around here since..since...well, it's been that long.
Like the way Suh didn't get rolled by what looked like consistant double teaming. Not a great start, but not bad.
The rest of the D is what it is, very thin. There's not much talent, and even less depth. If the D line can be disruptive they can cover for the lack of the secondary. Losing Dizon not a good start.
On offense, Best looked pretty good. Seemed to make instinctual moves that RBs make. Very early and he looks very small. Would love to see him build some lower body stregnth by next season. Caught passes smoothly. Promising.
Stafford looked okay, sorry, I expect much of him so the bar is high :-b He needs to work on fade passes in the end zone.
Megatron-1,000 and 10 is well within grasp, and exceeding those numbers not unreasonable.
Didn't see enough out of other receivers to get warm and fuzzy about.
Derrick Williams should be among the first cuts. Brown can probably handle kicks with Burleson and mabye Toone could share punts. All I know is I don't need a guy calling for fair catches on the three, and then calling for fair catches at all in the exhibtion season. In my mind, he needed to show game changing ability as a returner and he failed. Just like he has failed to live up to any promise since high school. Sorry Derrick, its not for everyone, you have to have fire and a bit of brains.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:12 am

It is very tough to judge much in the pre-season, by the time the offense or defense gets rolling or works out the jitters they are on the bench for the rest of the game...just leaves me with wanting so much more :-°

I did see a few things that I liked - I liked the defensive line getting pressure on the QB - no matter who it is -- generally we have given up career games to lesser know QBs in recent memory. I think what helped was Suh...sure he didn't have any stats, but it the little things that he brings, like teams double teaming him, that opens the door for other on the line and I think they took that opportunity ;-D

Not enough of a rythem to be able to really evaluate Best, but I did like what little I saw.

Williams - really?!?! a fair catch on the 3. We will take that fair catch sign as you waving bye bye to Detroit...thanks for playing

Still some of the 'Lions' glaring mistakes, but it is only the first pre-season game so I won't even mention them hoping that I will never see them again O:-) :-B
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Return to Detroit Lions