Who is the #11 pick in a 2010 Re-draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #11 pick in a 2010 Re-draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:24 am

Larry Fitzgerald
24%
Rashard Mendenhall
41%
Drew Brees
12%
Aaron Rodgers
12%
Brandon MArshall
No votes
Roddy White
No votes
Other
12%

Total votes : 17

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:24 am

Who is the 11th pick of the 2010 draft? You are voting on who you will draft if you have the 11th pick of the draft and Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, MJD, Ray Rice, Frank Gore, Turner, Andre Johnson, Stephen Jackson, Deangelo Williams, and Randy Moss have been taken.

Assume standard scoring (1 pt. per 10 yards rushing / receiving, and no PPR. 4 point TD for QB's)

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. If you'd like to vote for a player NOT on this list, then please vote "other" and make a post to discuss the player. This will serve as a write-in vote for that player.

Players Taken so Far
#1 Chris Johnson
#2 Adrian Peterson
#3 MJD
#4 Ray Rice
#5 Frank Gore
#6 Michael Turner
#7 Andre Johnson
#8 S Jax
#9 Deangelo Williams
#10 Randy Moss
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Who is the #11 pick in a 2010 Re-draft?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:29 am

I would be wanting to secure my RB here and Mendy in a full year has the upside to be top 5. Noone in the way to take it from him and a guy who will get the majority of the carries along with goal line. Thats what I would want out of this pick.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:06 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I would be wanting to secure my RB here and Mendy in a full year has the upside to be top 5. Noone in the way to take it from him and a guy who will get the majority of the carries along with goal line. Thats what I would want out of this pick.

change title to 11th round.

I went away from Mendy and opted for Fitz. I think he will be the go to guy in Zona and a redzone target. I have some concerns over the instability in Pittsburgh. Ds should focus on stopping the run early in the season and I don't know that I'd want to draft a guy here who will have 4-6 weeks of stacked Ds.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:09 am

moochman wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:I would be wanting to secure my RB here and Mendy in a full year has the upside to be top 5. Noone in the way to take it from him and a guy who will get the majority of the carries along with goal line. Thats what I would want out of this pick.

change title to 11th round.

I went away from Mendy and opted for Fitz. I think he will be the go to guy in Zona and a redzone target. I have some concerns over the instability in Pittsburgh. Ds should focus on stopping the run early in the season and I don't know that I'd want to draft a guy here who will have 4-6 weeks of stacked Ds.

Thanks must have crossed paths at the same time.
Cowboys 4 life

Postby mattb47 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:12 pm

Mendenhall should have went last pick...and Fitz is nowhere near worth a 1st rounder in my eyes without Warner there anymore. Just don't trust Leinart all that much and without Boldin around, Fitz will see heavier coverages his direction than ever before. He's a guy universally being taken higher than I want to take him in drafts.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Both Mendy and Fitz open the season with fairly easy schedules the first part of the season. The first 8 weeks of the Steelers schedule features a few of the worst run defenses from 2009 and only one really difficult matchup against Baltimore. Big Ben will be suspended for a good portion of this stretch which will force the Steelers to keep the ball on the ground giving Mendy plenty of opportunities.

Talented RB + Large Workload + Easy Schedule = Success

I'd take Mendy and if anything try to flip him later in the season after what should be a hot start. I have some concerns about Mendy's o-line this year, but I don't think that should be enough to knock him out of the bottom part of the 1st round.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby petedog9 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:28 pm

I go Mendy here as well... I think Pitt's O-line got an upgrade in the run game with Flozell Adams.. The knock on him the past few years has been pass protection. But he is still a road grader of a run blocker and considerred way above par. Better then Colon ever thought he was IMO... Mendy will is the last of the bulk carry guys as well where Fitz falls into the top of that next teir of WRs that can easily be had on the flip....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby markulous » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:15 pm

I'd probably take Reggie Wayne. He has the best QB in the league throwing to him and should have a better year than last year. I'm not big on Fitz or Mendy in non PPR leagues.
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cameron10483 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:37 pm

I went Mendy here. I gotta nail down my RB1 who's not in RBBC and has the highest ceiling here.
Standard Scoring, 8 Team $ League, Start...QB,QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,FLEX X3,TE,K,DEF.
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-
Cameron10483
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:35 pm

Shonn Green is on my radar if i have to pick late in the first round.

He's going to get 300-330 touches and the Jets are the best at running the ball in the redzone. Green is going to get atleast 12 rushing touchdowns and id say he has a ceiling of 17 TDs. Mendenhall may get more touches because hes a better reciever, but his ceiling for TDs is not as high as green's IMO.

I expect Green to have a few multiple TD games and those are the type of performances that can ruin your opponent's Sunday.

I think Green could have a 2008-2009 Michael Turner season as far as TDs go. If you went up against Michael Turner that year you remember what it felt like to watch him rush for 2 TDs, 3 TDs, and even 4 in one game. Devastating. You just knew if the Falcons got inside the 10 Turner was going to finish off the drive with a TD. Green has the power, the athleticism, and the offensive line to be as devastating in the redzone.
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk