Live draft on one computer? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Commissioner's Corner

Live draft on one computer?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Live draft on one computer?

Postby cap10ga » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:49 pm

So we have a live draft on Yahoo and 80% of the group will be together and having a good time, but the other 20% will be across the country. Does Yahoo have an option for the 80% of us to draft of one computer and the other 20% of their computers, at their location?
cap10ga
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 316
Joined: 6 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Live draft on one computer?

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:23 am

the only way i know of to do it is to log each person in...and have multiple draft windows open. ive done it many times w up to 3 people on a computer....but i wouldnt suggest mroe than that
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 714
Joined: 6 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Live draft on one computer?

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:25 am

actually...the scenario you describe is exactly what we are doing. 10 guys at a house....4 guys online. we are using a chat room and imputting the picks into yahoo once we are done

we wanted to keep the tradition of doing it live in person...but have to accomodate teh out of town people who usually come in town...but dont want to anymore


im doing it this thur night....so we will see how it works
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 714
Joined: 6 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Live draft on one computer?

Postby knapplc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:44 am

Why not just have the commissioner log in and make the picks for the guys there in person. Instead of putting the picks in themselves they'd just shout them out to the Commish.

Or you could invest $30 in a wifi modem and have anyone who can bring a laptop and draft that way. That's what I've done in several drafts recently, and it works pretty well.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I


Return to Commissioner's Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:18 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact