Schoooooools out for the summer!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Schoooooools out for the summer!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Schoooooools out for the summer!!!!

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:26 am

Well not quite for me, 1 final left in about an hour. Statistics....last math I should have to take. I'm so close now I can taste it, but man am I nervous. Wish me luck friends. :-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Schoooooools out for the summer!!!!

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:04 am

Metroid wrote:Well not quite for me, 1 final left in about an hour. Statistics....last math I should have to take. I'm so close now I can taste it, but man am I nervous. Wish me luck friends. :-o

;-D ;-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_I4ylzb ... re=related
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:11 am

Good luck bro!

I like to make my statistics up on the spot.

How long a break do you have before fall term starts?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:28 pm

The summer is already 60.2% over, enjoy your last 39.8%
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Haha! Thanks guys. I think I did okay, I'm not sure I did as well as I hoped but I think it should be enough to pull a solid B, maybe an outside chance I get an A (fingers crossed). :-o

Oh and here in Portland we've only had 39.8% of our summer, so really we should be expecting another 60.2%.....that'd be nice. :-b

So I have a little over 4 weeks off before I start fall term, not a lot of time, but it's something. ;-D
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:31 am

Congrats dood. I'm in the opposite boat- I start up classes again in a couple weeks for a looooonggggg couple of semesters.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Stats was the last (and only) math class I took in college. I remember finishing that final and realizing that I never had to step foot in a math class again. It was a Tues/Thur class, and I missed literally every single Tuesday class from the first week of school until the end of October, so everytime there was a test I'd just go through the book and look for a question that looked similar, then read how to solve it. I basically tought myself the entire course while taking tests. Anyway, congrats on being done with summer term, and congrats on being done with math.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks guys. ;-D

I wish I was the type of person who could teach themselves math, there is just no way I could do that. I need instruction when it comes to mathematics and lot's of it.
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Metroid wrote:Thanks guys. ;-D

I wish I was the type of person who could teach themselves math, there is just no way I could do that. I need instruction when it comes to mathematics and lot's of it.

you're not the only one. Math just doesn't click for me. It can be explained to me, I can run thru the calculations as indicated, but it just doesn't click to where I understand it. I hate that feeling, knowing that I'm missing something in the understanding of it. I get that feeling alot with fantasty football.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:22 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Thanks guys. ;-D

you're not the only one. Math just doesn't click for me. It can be explained to me, I can run thru the calculations as indicated, but it just doesn't click to where I understand it. I hate that feeling, knowing that I'm missing something in the understanding of it. I get that feeling alot with fantasty football.

Yeah I need lots of instruction, lots of examples, and lots of practice. Sadly, the further you get in math, the less instruction, the less example, and the less practice. In my math 111c class (pre calc) there were maybe 5 practice problems of each type. That's just not enough, same with stats. And it's lik the instructors figure since you're in a higher math class that you must not need much instruction or something. I dunno, I'm just glad it's over. Still waiting on my grade though. I have a feeling my 4.0 is going to go away though. :-/
Metroid

Next

Return to General Talk