Schoooooools out for the summer!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Schoooooools out for the summer!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Schoooooools out for the summer!!!!

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:35 pm

I've always been really good at math, I just don't like it. I actually remember the day that I decided I was done with math. I think it was junior year of high school, they were teaching us about imaginary numbers, and I remember thinking that if I was learning about numbers than can't exist, I had gone far enough in math and I was done with it. Ever since then, I've taken just the minimum needed to get by.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:04 pm

Ah imaginary numbers...yeah I remember those. I have not been good at math. Taking a 15 year break in between high school and college didn't help with that either. When I took my placement test 7 terms ago I placed into math 20...I really don't think you can get any lower than that. When I found out I had to work my way all the way up to stats...well I was pretty discouraged. I thought it was going to take me forever, well here I am...all done. Still hard to believe. It really doesn't seem that long ago that I was sitting at my kitchen doing long division by hand and adding fractions together for homework. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:10 pm

This thread is useless without actual grades. :-D

Hope you did well. Oh and Jacob says he loved the way you manipulated him while making my Sig.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Metroid wrote: Taking a 15 year break in between high school and college didn't help with that either.

it took 15 years for college to prepare for Metroid O:-)

college wrote: I can't handle the Met!

Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:29 pm

haha...ain't that the truth...if you can handle it. :-B

My stats instructor hasn't posted grades yet, he has to post by the 7th of September...I really hope he doesn't take that long, but judging by how unorganized and how uninterested he was in his students outside of class, I'm thinking he'll wait right up until midnight on the 7th. :-[

I did get an A in western civ. No real surprise there though. :-?
Metroid

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Metroid wrote:Thanks guys. ;-D

I wish I was the type of person who could teach themselves math, there is just no way I could do that. I need instruction when it comes to mathematics and lot's of it.

I teach the stuff and there's no way I could ever teach myself anything substantial mathematical. I tried taking a math course online once in college and it was a complete and utter failure.

Glad to hear you're all done!! ;-D ;-D
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Thanks h0rt. ;-D

I guess I shouldn't say "I'm done with math" but rather "I'm done with math classes." :-B

Still waiting on my grade. :-[
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Got my statistics grade, I got a B on the exam which landed me a B for the class. I'm a little bummed as it's my first B, but what are you gonna do? It's not very likely I would have made it through my school career with a 4.0. Better to get it out of the way now I guess. Now if I get through school and that's my only B I'm gonna be pissed. :-[

:-b
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Metroid wrote:Got my statistics grade, I got a B on the exam which landed me a B for the class. I'm a little bummed as it's my first B, but what are you gonna do? It's not very likely I would have made it through my school career with a 4.0. Better to get it out of the way now I guess. Now if I get through school and that's my only B I'm gonna be pissed. :-[

:-b

Don't sweat it bro. Getting a 4.0 is incredibly difficult. There's definitely nothing wrong with mixing a few Bs in with your As.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:55 pm

well, no Harvard or Princeton for you... with a bit of luck, and maybe if I write you a nice reference, you can still get in to Oregon? :-?

Too bad about the B, but hey it's not the end of the world if Met isn't perfect in everything he does. In fact, this makes you more approachable, IMHO. :-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Previous

Return to General Talk