Best Waiver & Priority Type? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Waiver & Priority Type?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Waiver & Priority Type?

Postby Vlaj » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Yahoo 12 teams

Which is best option for Waiver Priority and for Weekly Waivers?

Thanks

Waiver Priority

Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

Reverse order of standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list

Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak

FAAB w/ Reverse order of standings tiebreak

FAAB w/ Weekly rolling standings tiebreak

In a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system, each manager receives a dollar amount to place blind bids on waived players. The manager with the highest bid at the end of the waiver period claims that player and that bid amount is deducted from the team's acquisition budget. If multiple managers place an equal bid on a player, tiebreak options are available as described above.

Weekly Waivers

Sunday - Tuesday: means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

First game of the week - Tuesday: means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the start of the first game for that week with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.
Vlaj
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best Waiver & Priority Type?

Postby Retet » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:31 pm

I know it's not the most popular, but I like the first come, first serve method -- with a reduced (say 15) player roster.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vlaj » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Retet wrote:I know it's not the most popular, but I like the first come, first serve method -- with a reduced (say 15) player roster.

We played that many years. It's not fair to those who don't have access to computer during the day. So we want to change it this year.
Vlaj
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby justinj312 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:21 am

We do reverse order of standings. The list changes weekly, which keeps the list fresh and also prevents teams from just sitting at the top of the ww and waiting for weeks at a time for a high qualiy position player of their need to fall.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Vlaj » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:06 am

justinj312 wrote:We do reverse order of standings. The list changes weekly, which keeps the list fresh and also prevents teams from just sitting at the top of the ww and waiting for weeks at a time for a high qualiy position player of their need to fall.

With the Free Agents Acquisition Budgets?
Vlaj
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby justinj312 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:55 am

Vlaj wrote:
justinj312 wrote:We do reverse order of standings. The list changes weekly, which keeps the list fresh and also prevents teams from just sitting at the top of the ww and waiting for weeks at a time for a high qualiy position player of their need to fall.

With the Free Agents Acquisition Budgets?

No we haven't used that
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:28 pm

I've always preferred the rolling priority method, assuming a snake draft - if you end up with a lower draft pick, you're starting out at a disadvantage and you should be the one who gets first crack at the breakout player that everyone is clamoring after (or was dropped prematurely), even if you are not near the bottom of the standings. And you should get the right to sit on that priority all year if you want to use it when you want. Just my opinion (In an auction format, FAAB makes the most sense).
Bloody Sox
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:54 pm

first come first serve.... and only play w people who dont work on sun and have laptops
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:21 pm

This is probably my least favorite. I'm all for helping out the lower ranked teams, but IMO waivers should in no way be punishing teams who manage their teams better and have better records, it's not fair. Neither is first come first served, because some people like to watch the game with friend, or at a bar, kicked back with a beer and enjoy the games, not with their laptop in their lap scrolling nfl.com to see that Javon Ringer has gotten the last 6 carries for Tennessee and not Chris Johnson. I've done it before, and I'm the guy who loves to keep his laptop on him during games but you shouldn't punish people who don't want to.

I prefer blind bidding with 100$ budgets, just because it's a fair even ground top to bottom, doesn't favor the worse teams which it shouldn't IMO, and gives all 12 teams a fair chance to be able to grab the player you want to grab even if you don't get him.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Vlaj » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:39 am

LS2throwed wrote:

This is probably my least favorite. I'm all for helping out the lower ranked teams, but IMO waivers should in no way be punishing teams who manage their teams better and have better records, it's not fair. Neither is first come first served, because some people like to watch the game with friend, or at a bar, kicked back with a beer and enjoy the games, not with their laptop in their lap scrolling nfl.com to see that Javon Ringer has gotten the last 6 carries for Tennessee and not Chris Johnson. I've done it before, and I'm the guy who loves to keep his laptop on him during games but you shouldn't punish people who don't want to.

I prefer blind bidding with 100$ budgets, just because it's a fair even ground top to bottom, doesn't favor the worse teams which it shouldn't IMO, and gives all 12 teams a fair chance to be able to grab the player you want to grab even if you don't get him.

How is blind bidding fair? It seems more luck than anything. No one knows how much another team has bid for, is that right? Or when you place a bid, does each team actually see the highest bid? If not, then it's not fair and just luck based.

Maybe the Continual rolling list is the most fair system.
Vlaj
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk