Best Waiver & Priority Type? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Waiver & Priority Type?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Best Waiver & Priority Type?

Postby drunkmonkey » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:53 pm

shawngee03 wrote:first come first serve.... and only play w people who dont work on sun and have laptops

And enjoy sitting at home in front of the computer on Sundays instead of going to the bar to watch with friends.

No thanks.
drunkmonkey
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Trivia Time Trial ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:01 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
shawngee03 wrote:first come first serve.... and only play w people who dont work on sun and have laptops

And enjoy sitting at home in front of the computer on Sundays instead of going to the bar to watch with friends.

No thanks.

i havent been to a bar in the last 3 years that didnt have wi-fi. i know it may look a little dorky...but if you can find the right bar having a group of friends w a couple laptops open isnt too bad
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Vlaj wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:
justinj312 wrote:We do reverse order of standings. The list changes weekly, which keeps the list fresh and also prevents teams from just sitting at the top of the ww and waiting for weeks at a time for a high qualiy position player of their need to fall.

This is probably my least favorite. I'm all for helping out the lower ranked teams, but IMO waivers should in no way be punishing teams who manage their teams better and have better records, it's not fair. Neither is first come first served, because some people like to watch the game with friend, or at a bar, kicked back with a beer and enjoy the games, not with their laptop in their lap scrolling nfl.com to see that Javon Ringer has gotten the last 6 carries for Tennessee and not Chris Johnson. I've done it before, and I'm the guy who loves to keep his laptop on him during games but you shouldn't punish people who don't want to.

I prefer blind bidding with 100$ budgets, just because it's a fair even ground top to bottom, doesn't favor the worse teams which it shouldn't IMO, and gives all 12 teams a fair chance to be able to grab the player you want to grab even if you don't get him.

How is blind bidding fair? It seems more luck than anything. No one knows how much another team has bid for, is that right? Or when you place a bid, does each team actually see the highest bid? If not, then it's not fair and just luck based.

Maybe the Continual rolling list is the most fair system.

It's fair because every team has an equal opportunity at a player before the week starts, that's the point. If you give worse teams the best rolling waiver each week, then how does the 1st place team have an equal shot at any players when there 12th each week. So even if they hold onto it, they win and they are still 12th, if they use it, they have 11 teams in front of them.

Blind bidding you may not get your guy, but you had the same chance as everyone else and thats all that matters, it's not luck its strategy. You also do see what the highest bid was that won, you just try and guess what youw ant to bid compared to what you have, how good a player is, and how many people you think want him. You can bid 0$ on players nobody may want and not lose a spot.

I also like it more then continual rolling because with blind bidding you can get all 4-5 playyers u may want. Or you can get the 1 player u want bad, and once you get that 1 player, or 4 players, it doesn't put you at a disadvantage for the next player you want. Sometimes you do get outbid, it's the same as having a lower waiver priority, you still miss out. If you know you have the 12th priority your not getting the highest sought out guy that week, I just like blind bidding because you know you may not get your guy but you have the same chance at getting him as everyone else.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vlaj » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
Vlaj wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:

This is probably my least favorite. I'm all for helping out the lower ranked teams, but IMO waivers should in no way be punishing teams who manage their teams better and have better records, it's not fair. Neither is first come first served, because some people like to watch the game with friend, or at a bar, kicked back with a beer and enjoy the games, not with their laptop in their lap scrolling nfl.com to see that Javon Ringer has gotten the last 6 carries for Tennessee and not Chris Johnson. I've done it before, and I'm the guy who loves to keep his laptop on him during games but you shouldn't punish people who don't want to.

I prefer blind bidding with 100$ budgets, just because it's a fair even ground top to bottom, doesn't favor the worse teams which it shouldn't IMO, and gives all 12 teams a fair chance to be able to grab the player you want to grab even if you don't get him.

How is blind bidding fair? It seems more luck than anything. No one knows how much another team has bid for, is that right? Or when you place a bid, does each team actually see the highest bid? If not, then it's not fair and just luck based.

Maybe the Continual rolling list is the most fair system.

It's fair because every team has an equal opportunity at a player before the week starts, that's the point. If you give worse teams the best rolling waiver each week, then how does the 1st place team have an equal shot at any players when there 12th each week. So even if they hold onto it, they win and they are still 12th, if they use it, they have 11 teams in front of them.

Blind bidding you may not get your guy, but you had the same chance as everyone else and thats all that matters, it's not luck its strategy. You also do see what the highest bid was that won, you just try and guess what youw ant to bid compared to what you have, how good a player is, and how many people you think want him. You can bid 0$ on players nobody may want and not lose a spot.

I also like it more then continual rolling because with blind bidding you can get all 4-5 playyers u may want. Or you can get the 1 player u want bad, and once you get that 1 player, or 4 players, it doesn't put you at a disadvantage for the next player you want. Sometimes you do get outbid, it's the same as having a lower waiver priority, you still miss out. If you know you have the 12th priority your not getting the highest sought out guy that week, I just like blind bidding because you know you may not get your guy but you have the same chance at getting him as everyone else.

Nah. Blind bidding is all about luck...sorry to say. If I can't see what the other guy is bidding, then that's blind luck. Simple.
Vlaj
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk