Percy Harvin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Percy Harvin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Percy Harvin

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:46 am

What exactly does the roster exemption mean?

link

Vikings coach Brad Childress has said repeatedly that he does not know when wide receiver Percy Harvin will rejoin the team. However, a move made by the Vikings makes it appear as if Harvin's absence might not end any time soon.

The team received a roster exemption for Harvin on Thursday, with the designation of left squad, according to an NFL source.

Harvin has been away from the Vikings since his grandmother passed in late July. The Vikings have said that Harvin is now at home in the Twin Cities but has been dealing with another round of migraine headaches.

and per Rotoworld:

The Vikings have sent a "five-day letter" to Percy Harvin as a warning to rejoin the team, according to a report from Profootballtalk.com.

The letter means Harvin has five days to report to the team or risk suspension and/or fines. Harvin has been dealing with migraines, but there's also been speculation that he and Sidney Rice are purposely avoiding the rigors of camp as long as Brett Favre stays away. At the very least, Harvin can report to team headquarters and let the Vikes' medical staff contribute to the management of his migraines.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Percy Harvin

Postby joejlitz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:38 pm

After missing time for migraines, Harvin is back at practice:

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings welcomed Percy Harvin back to practice, as their versatile wide receiver began to get himself back in football shape...

...Harvin is a big piece, as the reigning winner of the NFL's offensive rookie of the year award. He was on the field for the first time in more than two weeks. Harvin's grandmother died two days into training camp, and then his migraine headaches flared up.

"He's feeling better, or he wouldn't be here," Childress said. "Migraine free? I don't know if you can ever say that."

Harvin was not made available to reporters, but Childress said he had a long talk with him on Sunday. He acknowledged Harvin will need some time to get back into prime condition.

"I think he's in a decent place right now," Childress said...

Rest of article: NFL dot com
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Ek » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:05 pm

...and he's back out of practice.

Vikings WR Percy Harvin collapsed during practice earlier today at the team's Winter Park training facility in Eden Prairie, Minn.

Coach Brad Childress confirmed the "episode" was related to Harvin's struggle with migraine headaches and perhaps triggered as he looked into the sky to track a punt.

"I don't know how they classify it," Childress said. "Not really a seizure, but he had some trouble over here. I'd be remiss if I tried to qualify it one way or another. It seemed like he was stable."

Harvin was taken away in an ambulance as his teammates formed a prayer circle. Practice ended an hour early in the wake of Harvin's setback.

"Obviously that one hit, and it hit hard," Childress said. "It's always scary for all of our guys when you see a teammate struggling with whatever."

Harvin, last season's offensive rookie of the year, was waylaid at times last season by the headaches and missed much of Minnesota's training camp after the recent death of his grandmother exacerbated the condition.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... practice/1
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Such a shame to have such dibilitating migraines. Most people with severe migraines spend acute episodes in dark, quiet rooms. ALL DAY.
Hope he gets this under control. Would hate to see such a promising career compromised.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:16 am

Percy Harvin predicted after Saturday night's game that his migraine issues may be behind him after doctors found a primary cause.

"I did a test (Friday) night," Harvin explained. "They found some things that we think is the main cause of it. We're all feeling really confident. I know we said that a couple times, but I think this time we found what the main cause was. I'm not saying I won't ever get a headache again, but hopefully, we can slow it down a little bit." Harvin took three big hits from the Seahawks in his return to action, and he came out of the game none the worse for the wear. Draft him with confidence as a WR2.
Source: 1500 ESPN Twin Cities
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby D3C4K » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Looks like they have an idea of what the problem is:

Harvin's heart stopped beating after collapse

Percy Harvin disclosed prior to Thursday's game that his heart stopped beating for 10 seconds in the hospital after collapsing at practice in August.

A subsequent sleep test revealed that his heart stopped beating eight times, at which point he was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Doctors believe the condition is also the root cause of his migraine problems. Harvin now sleeps with a device that regulates his breathing. He's no longer taking medication, and doctors believe they have the condition under control. Sep. 9 - 9:45 pm et

For me, as someone with a history of heart problems, that's ****ing terrifying news. I pray that Harvin stays healthy, and I hope that device he sleeps with is indeed the best money can buy. :-o
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Smoakland Hammer » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:45 pm

Does anyone know whats going on with his hip injury right now? Starting to sweat a little... :-o
Smoakland Hammer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby HomerJay » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:53 am

Roto:

we should here more after today's practice

Despite missing practice with a hip injury, Percy Harvin told the St. Paul Pioneer Press' Jeremy Fowler that he will be ready for Sunday's game against Miami.

Harvin declined comment to a group of reporters in the locker room, so credit to Fowler for getting the scoop on his own. Harvin insists that he feels "fine." We'd have a lot more confidence about penciling him into starting lineups if he can return to a full practice on Friday. He's a risk/reward fantasy option this week. Sep. 16 - 4:21 pm et
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby joejlitz » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:32 am

According to Steve Wyche of NFL Network's Total Access, "all indications" are that Percy Harvin (hip) will not only play but start "as a big boost" to the Vikings offense.

Wyche expects Harvin to be "fully equated" into this week's game after being "taken out of the equation" last week. Wyche further explained that Harvin will be used "out wide, in the slot, and as a running back" behind Adrian Peterson in this week's matchup against the Dolphins. The Vikings apparently realize that they have to get the ball in Harvin's hands to be successful on offense. Check back late Sunday morning, but for now Harvin is a fine WR2/3.

Sep. 17 - 5:49 pm et

Rotoworld.com
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby HomerJay » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:48 am

Roto:

NFL Networks reports that Percy Harvin (hip) is warming up before Sunday's game and is expected to play against the Dolphins.

Per Tom Pelissero of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities, Harvin was smiling after running with trainer Eric Sugarman in pre-game drills. He did appear to be favoring his right side "a little bit," but it certainly looks like he's gearing up for his normal starting job. Assuming he plays, Harvin is worth using as a WR2/3. Sep. 19 - 11:17 am et
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Next

Return to Football Talk