Harry Douglas WR late round sleeper? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Harry Douglas WR late round sleeper?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Harry Douglas WR late round sleeper?

Postby WeekSixteen » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:38 pm

For those in larger leagues.

Matt Ryan is a very good QB, Michael Jenkins may have shoulder issues and Harry Douglas would take over for him, making him a possible PPR pickup? This guy was climbing ADP charts and I had never heard of him before. Looks like he sat out all last year with an injury and hasn't played in a preseason game yet this year so who knows but it looks like the Falcons are high on him.

This from myfantasyleague.com

Despite looking perfectly healthy in camp, the Falcons chose to hold Douglas out of the first game last week as an extra precaution. With Michael Jenkins (shoulder) questionable for the opener, Douglas is a name to track in PPR leagues.

Anyone know anything more about this guy?
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Harry Douglas WR late round sleeper?

Postby mattb47 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:35 pm

He was rising in value last season before he got hurt and was forced to miss the season...would easily have been the second WR target for Ryan over Jenkins and if he can get back healthy again this year, he definitely has sleeper value later in drafts. He'll see pretty much all single coverages because of Roddy White, Michael Turner, and Tony Gonzalez, and he's a better receiver than most people think as most don't even know who he is.

He's a guy I've been targeting in dynasty leagues and even later in deeper redraft leagues.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:47 pm

The main problem with Douglas in a redraft is that Atlanta uses very few 3WR sets. He will be entirely unproductive, wasting a bench spot until someone ahead of him does get hurt.

I think that's what makes it difficult to take him over guys that have upside AND will see regular playing time. Off the top of my head, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Doucet, and Jacoby Jones are all guys you'd want to target well ahead of Douglas. But eventually, you're right, you do want to pick this guy up and see if you get lucky.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby mattb47 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:02 pm

dgan wrote:The main problem with Douglas in a redraft is that Atlanta uses very few 3WR sets. He will be entirely unproductive, wasting a bench spot until someone ahead of him does get hurt.

I think that's what makes it difficult to take him over guys that have upside AND will see regular playing time. Off the top of my head, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Doucet, and Jacoby Jones are all guys you'd want to target well ahead of Douglas. But eventually, you're right, you do want to pick this guy up and see if you get lucky.

That is assuming that Michael Jenkins (who is the definition of mediocre) is able to play ahead of a healthy Douglas...which I don't think he will be able to as long as there aren't any lingering effects from the injury. Douglas is more explosive and more talented and it showed previously...and really showed last year when Jenkins couldn't do anything to help himself secure the job for this year. I think the Falcons are going to find ways to get this guy on the field.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk