pick your top 5 RB bust for 2010 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

pick your top 5 RB bust for 2010

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: pick your top 5 RB bust for 2010

Postby delfam » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:21 am

Johnson having a lot of carries isn't that big of a deal to me, he was so fast and elusive he barely got hit that much, someone like Gore who looks for contact more is someone I'd look to breakdown, not Johnson.
delfam
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:26 pm

I can't chose a top 5 bust list. I will probably have to draft one of them. lol.
My bust list starts with DAW, Charles, and Moreno, for the same reasons. Each have injury concerns, moreso Moreno, and they each have teams undergoing offensive changes, and there is competition. Throw Forsett in this mix, though not as much expected from him.
Sleeper bust is Benson. I have suspicions that the Bungals may try to air it out more leading to less involvement for Benson. Also fear the opposite, Palmer's shoulder falls off and they try ramming Benson down teams throats.
Grant is my 5th choice. Already had his bell rung. This does not bode well for a RB who lacks elusiveness.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby gridiron-guru » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:14 pm

moochman wrote:...Sleeper bust is Benson...

I'm going to agree with Moochman. If I had to pick two major busts at the RB position this year -- it would be Cedric Benson and Shonn Greene. Benson is one bad night of drinking away from a multiple game suspesion and his off-season has proven that Benson has still got problems outside of football. I like what Benson can do on the field -- but Palmer is a year healthier, and the Bengals will have to feed TO and Ochocinco the ball in order to keep them happy. I also think that the Bengals have a reasonable amount of depth behind Benson. Those guys will need some touches this year. If someone in your league is willing to bet big on Benson -- let them. I'm spending my money in safer areas.

Greene scares me. I think the Jets have an incredible amount of talent on their team, and there is a lot to fall in love with when it comes to New York's running game....but therein lies the problem. Someone is going to be gung-ho on Greene, and spend a high first rounder on him. Greene appears to get dinged easily and he had several injury scares at the close of last season. I just don't believe he can run the ball at an elite level for an entire season. Will he be good? Yep, I think so. Will be be the elite back many are billing him to be -- the jury is out -- but I don't think so.
gridiron-guru
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:08 pm

moochman wrote:I can't chose a top 5 bust list. I will probably have to draft one of them. lol.
My bust list starts with DAW, Charles, and Moreno, for the same reasons. Each have injury concerns, moreso Moreno, and they each have teams undergoing offensive changes, and there is competition. Throw Forsett in this mix, though not as much expected from him.
Sleeper bust is Benson. I have suspicions that the Bungals may try to air it out more leading to less involvement for Benson. Also fear the opposite, Palmer's shoulder falls off and they try ramming Benson down teams throats.
Grant is my 5th choice. Already had his bell rung. This does not bode well for a RB who lacks elusiveness.

I think he means which RB, currently ranked in the top 5, do you think is the most likely to bust and not, give me 5 RBs that you think will bust. But to go along wit your theme, to me its the undersized guys that scare me, those guys who are 200 lbs dripping wet like Charles and CJ, CJ moreso because he's going to get a heavy workload as well as guys who seem to be chronically injured like Steven Jackson who hasn't played a full season in 3 years. I tend to like the backs with good offensive lines like Peterson, DWill, Greene, Ray Rice, Gore (good run blocking line), Turner. I don't like Mendenhall because of Steelers O-line. Now with Grant getting a concussion, that bothers me.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Azrael wrote:
moochman wrote:I can't chose a top 5 bust list. I will probably have to draft one of them. lol.

I think he means which RB, currently ranked in the top 5, do you think is the most likely to bust and not, give me 5 RBs that you think will bust. But to go along wit your theme, to me its the undersized guys that scare me, those guys who are 200 lbs dripping wet like Charles and CJ, CJ moreso because he's going to get a heavy workload as well as guys who seem to be chronically injured like Steven Jackson who hasn't played a full season in 3 years. I tend to like the backs with good offensive lines like Peterson, DWill, Greene, Ray Rice, Gore (good run blocking line), Turner. I don't like Mendenhall because of Steelers O-line. Now with Grant getting a concussion, that bothers me.

The tread title was a little ambiguous, so I thought I'd go off kilter a bit (shocker for me, huh :-b )
If I had to choose top 5 guy it would be APF for sure. Peterson's line is slowly deteriorating, leading to not as many easy gaps up the middle. So, ADP finds himself breaking more runs to the outside where he has a tendancy to run to contact. Not a good recipe for long term health in the NFL.
The thing the smaller RBs have going for them is they have the legs of a giant, that is, very big thighs for their chassis. Leg injuries seem to be reduced and they are better able to make shifty movements to avoid getting clobbered. CJ, MJD, and Rice fall into that category. 5th back is Turner and he is the next best bet for injury, given his history.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Purple1 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:20 pm

I would go with MJD. Not because of anthing to do with MJD himself.

Just because JAX as a team really scares me. I feel like the Jags could easily end up in the cellar of the league and thats not the kind of team I want my top five draft pick to be on.

Steven Jackson 2?
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BigMusky » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm

most elite backs can sustain that level for 3 years....so isn't MJD's time up?
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk