How Does Favre's Return Effect AP? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How Does Favre's Return Effect AP?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How Does Favre's Return Effect AP?

Postby pmstick » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:36 am

Have the 2nd overall pick so chances are I will look to snag AP. Now that Favre's back how will AP's role in that offense change? I'm thinking less for AP right?
Standard Scoring, 8 Team PPR

QB- BREES, Romo
RB- MARTIN, RICE, Sproles, Murray, A.Morris
WR-D.THOMAS, BRYANT, Maclin, S.Smith
TE- GRAHAM, Hernandez
K- TUCKER
DEF- BENGALS, Giants

Mathews for my Ridley/Redman
Rice for my Mathews/Wallace
pmstick
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How Does Favre's Return Effect AP?

Postby biju » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:06 pm

I would expect numbers a little better than last year. It would be foolish to this Brett Favre will match last year's numbers so the expectation would be that Peterson would need to be involved more. It's possible however that instead of giving Peterson more touches it would fall to his #2 (I suspect that will be Toby Gerhart on week 1) but Peterson should still get the majority of carries.

I would draft him confidently at the #2 slot. The alternatives aren't as attractive as many people think they are.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:53 pm

I have the No. 2 pick as well and would be ecstatic if I got AP. With Favre I think he's the clear No. 1. Think teams weren't going to stack the box with Tavaris playing QB? Now they won't with Favre. I really don't want to have to take Chris Johnson at No. 2. Something just doesn't sit well with me and I don't have anything more than that. It scares me to have a guy with 400 touches that's under 200lbs being a feature back and getting a heavy workload again. I hope that the guy picking first takes Johnson. Either that or I trade down, but then if the guy picking first takes Johnson I'll feel dumb.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Azrael wrote:I have the No. 2 pick as well and would be ecstatic if I got AP. With Favre I think he's the clear No. 1. Think teams weren't going to stack the box with Tavaris playing QB? Now they won't with Favre. I really don't want to have to take Chris Johnson at No. 2. Something just doesn't sit well with me and I don't have anything more than that. It scares me to have a guy with 400 touches that's under 200lbs being a feature back and getting a heavy workload again. I hope that the guy picking first takes Johnson. Either that or I trade down, but then if the guy picking first takes Johnson I'll feel dumb.

Try and set up a contingent trade, as in the trade is contingent on the first drafter taking Johnson. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:13 pm

As long as Brett can stay healthy, APF value should be increased. The Vikes will have the ball more with Favre than with the run, run, throw a groundball and punt game plan deployed by Tavarious Jackson.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dgan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Yeah, you have to think the Vikings have realized their pass-happy style really cost them toward the end of the year. Dlines were just teeing off on Favre without even trying to play gaps. They have to run the ball more to keep pass rushers honest and keep Favre healthy.

Plus, AP can't possibly play any worse (can he?) than he did at times last year. He also showed some capability as far as receiving goes with Favre under center. He could surprisingly offer 50+ catches this year if Gerhardt fails to earn more playing time. Plus, he'll get more TD opportunities than anyone else. No one got more short yardage attempts (except MJD) than him last year and he converted a reasonable 63% of them.

The easy #1 on my board.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Football Talk