Golden Tate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Golden Tate

Moderator: Football Moderators

Golden Tate

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Golden Tate admitted that he's still having trouble learning the Seahawks' offense.

After a torrid spring and start to camp, Tate has reportedly cooled off. "Everything seems so fast because you're like, 'I don't know what I'm doing,'" Tate said. "You think you do, but you really don't. And that's one of the things I have struggled with. It's getting better, but I have a long way to go." This doesn't bode well for Tate's chances of securing a starting gig. He's a late-round flier that should be able to help fantasy teams more as the season goes on.
Source: Tacoma News Tribune

Hey, that is why we all know that unless you are truly excpetional it takes time to develop as a WR in the NFL. Year 3 ain't that far off
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Golden Tate a little confused

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:36 pm

There are only a couple of rookies that are really standing out right now. Williams from Tampa, LaFell car, and Dez Dal (pre injury). Might be missing one.

Tate doesnt have the raw talent they do so it might take longer.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Golden Tate a little confused

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:18 pm

No worries, Hasselbeck was seen hanging maple bars off the goalposts. Tate should have no trouble finding the endzone. ;-D
Now all they have to do is play the games at 3 am. :-b

The only thing Tate is confused about is how to talk to the press. He is not the first student athlete (oxymoron?) to have trouble learning a pro playbook. Add to that a new coach and playbook and it is even harder. While I may not want Tate to help me with homework, he should be able to grasp the playbook well enough before too much longer.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk