2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Owen Daniels

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:36 pm

FantasySportsMaven wrote:What is the latest on Daniels?

Nothing has been mentioned.

TE Owen Daniels (tendered at $3.168M with first- and third-round picks as compensation) suffered a season-ending knee injury in the eighth game. He's one of their best players.

This is all that is on the Yahoo site. Check Houstons actual website.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Owen Daniels

Postby petedog9 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:51 pm

Restricted free agent Owen Daniels (torn ACL) has reported to the Texans for workouts this week after signing a letter of protection.

"I did not sign my tender," said Daniels, "but the Texans stepped up and put a document together that allowed me to come out and still rehab and be around the guys." Daniels called the letter of protection an "act of good faith" and now seems less likely to hold out come training camp.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Owen Daniels

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Owen Daniels (knee) will undergo an MRI in Houston on Tuesday and visit with Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday.

Reports have been mixed on Daniels. We've heard of a setback in his recovery from ACL surgery, but the Texans continue to insist he's on schedule. A meeting with Dr. Andrews should provide a much clearer update. Daniels, who is on active/PUP, went through "exhausting" drills by himself at practice on Thursday. He says he's hoping to be cleared to start practicing with his teammates next week.
Source: Houston Chronicle

I am also skeptical. That much damage to the knees has to take a serious toll on how he can perform.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: Owen Daniels mixed reports

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:58 pm

bungle613 wrote:
Owen Daniels (knee) will undergo an MRI in Houston on Tuesday and visit with Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday.

Reports have been mixed on Daniels. We've heard of a setback in his recovery from ACL surgery, but the Texans continue to insist he's on schedule. A meeting with Dr. Andrews should provide a much clearer update. Daniels, who is on active/PUP, went through "exhausting" drills by himself at practice on Thursday. He says he's hoping to be cleared to start practicing with his teammates next week.
Source: Houston Chronicle

I am also skeptical. That much damage to the knees has to take a serious toll on how he can perform.

The updates I have are telling me the same thing. I have to question how effective he will be. Can't think of too many WR's/TE's other than Marvin Harrison come back the next year from a knee injury and put up solid numbers. Very risky pick at this point for me and not one I'm willing to gamble on.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby joejlitz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:06 pm

As a Daniels owner in the IBL and counting on him, I am relieved to see this:

Owen Daniels emerged from his MRI in Houston on Tuesday saying the test showed his surgically repaired knee is "100 percent."

"Scan and MRI say I'm 100 percent," he confirmed to MyFOX Houston. Daniels will go for a recheck with Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday, but it appears he'll be medically cleared to start the season. Draft him as a top-ten TE1. Aug. 24 - 5:07 pm et

Rotoworld
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:09 pm

joejlitz wrote:As a Daniels owner in the IBL and counting on him, I am relieved to see this:

Owen Daniels emerged from his MRI in Houston on Tuesday saying the test showed his surgically repaired knee is "100 percent."

"Scan and MRI say I'm 100 percent," he confirmed to MyFOX Houston. Daniels will go for a recheck with Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday, but it appears he'll be medically cleared to start the season. Draft him as a top-ten TE1. Aug. 24 - 5:07 pm et

Rotoworld

Well, I am now 50% relieved. Hope he can continue the success he had prior to his injury.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: Owen Daniels

Postby dweenmachine » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:59 am

Daniels (knee) passed his physical and was activated from the Texans' PUP list Monday, the National Football Post reports.

Daniels is now clear to practice, and while it's quite possible that he might be on some sort of snap count in Week 1, it shouldn't be too long before he is ready to handle a full workload.

Giddy up, Owen!
-Thanks to madaslives911 for the wicked awesome sig!
dweenmachine
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:38 am

I just read somewhere that they might limit him some at the first game. I guess his knee is fine but his conditioning is whats slowing him down. COME ON OWEN I NEED YOU!!!
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:36 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:I just read somewhere that they might limit him some at the first game. I guess his knee is fine but his conditioning is whats slowing him down. COME ON OWEN I NEED YOU!!!

You and me both, brother. To quote from your favorite movie, Throw Mama from the Train, "OWEN!" :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk