Owen Daniels - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owen Daniels

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Owen Daniels

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:26 pm

moochman wrote:
latsprewell20002000 wrote:I just read somewhere that they might limit him some at the first game. I guess his knee is fine but his conditioning is whats slowing him down. COME ON OWEN I NEED YOU!!!

You and me both, brother. To quote from your favorite movie, Throw Mama from the Train, "OWEN!" :-b

;-D
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tclangham » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Texans coach Gary Kubiak said that Daniels (knee) will start Sunday's game against Indianapolis, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Spin: This nugget confirms that Daniels, who is bouncing back from ACL surgery, will be out there in Week 1, but there's still a pretty good chance that his snaps will be somewhat limited in the opener.

Rotowire

;-D
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)

Postby higgs » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:01 am

ESPN just reported that Daniels is inactive today....

EDIT: it was listed on the ticker during the fantasy show on ESPN2, but espn.com says he is active. I'm confused.
higgs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Spider Monkey » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:05 am

I see him as ACTIVE on espn, where did you see this???
Spider Monkey
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby higgs » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:08 am

It was in the scroll at the bottom of ESPN2 under breaking news. I replayed it 3 times to be sure I wasn't seeing things and it defnintely said inactive vs Colts. I think they made a mistake on the scroll, I haven't seen it listed anywhere else that he's not playing and every other source says active.
higgs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bungle613 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:23 am

Can't find a link but he is confirmed to start but is on a snap count of 25-30 plays.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:42 pm

What are the feelings on this guy? Do you guys think hes going to start getting more action or just be a blocking decoy all year? I mean Schaub passed for 500 yards and not many to O.D. I got him sorta late cause he fell a little bit but i really have got to get some production from this guy. Should i look to cut my losses and grab another TE, try to trade him, or just hang on to him and be patient? What do you guys think?
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:21 pm

I think he is a player that by mid year he will start to regain his 09' form, he was on pace for a pretty good year. IMO he will slowly be worked back into the game plan each week and by the mid way point he will be a good late round pick up for you. I would say if you can hold on to him, but if there is someone out there on waivers I would grab them and hope daniels is still there if you need him. Good luck.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:31 pm

dblj9911 wrote:I think he is a player that by mid year he will start to regain his 09' form, he was on pace for a pretty good year. IMO he will slowly be worked back into the game plan each week and by the mid way point he will be a good late round pick up for you. I would say if you can hold on to him, but if there is someone out there on waivers I would grab them and hope daniels is still there if you need him. Good luck.

I could hang on to daniels then i would probably grab that Moeaki guy...??
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:09 pm

Texans coach Gary Kubiak said Friday that TE Owen Daniels (hamstring) will be a game-time decision for Week 4 against the Raiders in Oakland. Until he is healthy, TEs Joel Dreessen and James Casey should fill in for him. Daniels has just six catches for 60 yards and has yet to find the end zone this season. If Daniels plays, he will be facing an Oakland defense that currently ranks second in passing defense allowing just 127.7 yards per game. The Raiders are allowing an average of six Fantasy points to opposing TEs over the first three weeks of the season. Titans TE Bo Scaife is the only TE to score a TD on the Raiders.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Football Talk