Whats your draft day like?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats your draft day like??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whats your draft day like??

Postby petedog9 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:49 pm

This is our 9th year of this league of high school freinds. (Most of us are now 40 +/- years old) and we always have done a live draft followed by a poker party. This year we are "enhancing" our draft day a bit.. Starting tomorrow at 7am we have a tee time at a nice golf course. After 19 holes we board a houseboat on Shasta Lake for the draft party. Pizzas , wings, snacks to chow on during the draft... This will include football on the satelite and the half time will be a game we call Houseboat football. Thats where 1/2 the fellas will be in the water on floaty sticks while the other half get on top of the boat, jump off, catch the football on the way down and maintain possesion until they resurface. Losers of this game will incure penalty beer bongs... This can go multiple rounds... After the draft we are BBQ'in tri-tips and giant shrimps. Full on meal with cocktails. Then the poker begins and this can go late into the night.....

The next day we will ski, float, recover, lick our wounds and head back home... Cant wait.. Its gonna be fun... ;-D

Its a great time and a chance (or excuse) for us to catch up as some are travelling several hundred miles to attend... No wifes, no kids, just the fellas like back in the day...
This is us in a nutshell.... ha ha ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOKuSQIJlog
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Whats your draft day like??

Postby dgan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:21 pm

*cough*yuppie*cough*

:-D

Sounds like a blast. Makes my draft sound about as redneck as it gets. X-I
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Re: Whats your draft day like??

Postby markulous » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 pm

Sounds pretty sweet!

Ours is tomorrow. We all just get together and have a BBQ and chill. Nothing too fancy. This is only the 3rd year of this league, so we're trying to get a group of regulars going. It'd be nice to do something a little more, like go to Vegas or something. But regardless I'm pretty stoked about our draft tomorrow. I always look forward to it right when the season ends.
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk