How much to de-value WRs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How much to de-value WRs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How much to de-value WRs?

Postby budwizer11 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Mostly standard scoring, 12 teams. Start 2-RB 2-WR 1-FLEX(RB/WR)

If RB scoring is 1pt/10rush yrd and WR scoring is 1pt/15rec yrd.. how much should WR be de-valued during the draft?

VBD calcs drop them way down compared to the RBs.
budwizer11
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How much to de-value WRs?

Postby dgan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm

budwizer11 wrote:Mostly standard scoring, 12 teams. Start 2-RB 2-WR 1-FLEX(RB/WR)

If RB scoring is 1pt/10rush yrd and WR scoring is 1pt/15rec yrd.. how much should WR be de-valued during the draft?

Without punching the numbers into my spreadsheet, I'm guessing Andre Johnson is the only WR I'd have ranked high enough to take in the 2nd round. I would rather take just about any of the top 20 RBs before I would take any WR (other than Johnson).

That scoring essentially reduces the seperation of WRs from each other by about 30%. Meaning the difference between a 3rd round WR and a 5th round WR is negligible compared to the dropoff you'll see at RB after the first 2 rounds.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:34 pm

no PPr or half PPR? if not, why the H not?

we use 15 yd/pt also...but its w PPR

what i woudl do is find some projections you are comfortable with and plug them into excel to see how WR points compare to RB. id imagine they would be pretty crappy

load up on RBs and focus on TD WRs.
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Goody » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:51 pm

dgan wrote:
budwizer11 wrote:Mostly standard scoring, 12 teams. Start 2-RB 2-WR 1-FLEX(RB/WR)

Without punching the numbers into my spreadsheet, I'm guessing Andre Johnson is the only WR I'd have ranked high enough to take in the 2nd round. I would rather take just about any of the top 20 RBs before I would take any WR (other than Johnson).

That scoring essentially reduces the seperation of WRs from each other by about 30%. Meaning the difference between a 3rd round WR and a 5th round WR is negligible compared to the dropoff you'll see at RB after the first 2 rounds.

Not to mention they play a flex (RB/WR) which I think means it is essential for him to grab RB with first 3 picks.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk