Draft as many AFC / NFC West as possible - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Draft as many AFC / NFC West as possible

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft as many AFC / NFC West as possible

Postby moose_ffc » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:29 pm

I thought this was a funny read. I laughed to myself when I read it b/c I had just finished my auction draft. In my auction, I won bids on 3 of my 4 RBs from the West (Wells, Forsett, Bush), my backup QB was Campbell, and my TE was Zach Miller.

I wouldn't be crazy enough to draft ALL of my team from the West, but it is a good division to target some players from it.

I guess the funniest thing is that I didn't realize how little passing and receiving talent there was in the West.

http://www.footballdocs.com/AFC-NFC-Wes ... ategy.html

However, it made me thing that the AFC and NFC South would be the real directions to isolate if you just went with a single direction. The Colts, Texans, Saints, Falcons, and Panthers are loaded. Not to Mention MJD and Chirs Johnson are in the South! I could make a living off that direction!
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft as many AFC / NFC West as possible

Postby dgan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:30 pm

And I thought I had too much time on MY hands!

Thankfully, at the end he says it wouldn't work to hold religiously to that strategy. Value is the key - when you make your draft board, you consider SoS and maybe see some favorability with the West guys, but ultimately you have to take whomever is the best value. If you don't want to take the next guy on your list, then why did you rank him there?

Fun read, but not really useful for anything. Taking Fitz at #2 overall? Yeah, goodbye fantasy season.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk