X-Game thoughts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

X-Game thoughts

Moderator: Football Moderators

X-Game thoughts

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:48 pm

I'll go by position;
QB-Stafford looked pretty good, but I am concerned that he hasn't made a play under duress. When he did seem to throw while moving, he showed lack lf touch and accuracy. Fear is that come the real season the pressure will be turned up and Stafford will have to make these plays. Then we'll see.
RB-We know beyond reasonable doubt who our starter is. And in my mind, we also know how shouldn't be there. Aaron Brown somehow rather than gain insight into the playbook, lost the speed that set him apart. Buh-bye. If we only keep 3 RBs, cya Kevin Smith. He probably gets too much money so Dorsey will be gone, but he is no better and has shown nothing.
WR- Starting to look like Megs is on his own again this year. Burleson looked like a reincarnation of Mike Furrey without the burst. Yeah, he looked that bad. Crap. We need him to be more involved. D Williams, I want your DOR! Should be the first person cut.
O-line-Almost looks like they aren't embarrassing anymore. That alone is encouraging. Again, I'll believe it when the heat of the real season is on. Gosdar looking like Bustar.
TE-Thought they were supposed to be able to catch? Meh.
D-line-Suh wasn't nearly as imposing as week one. Could be a conditioning thing, maybe playing more sapping energy. Almost thought I saw him cruising on a play or two, The other two new additions look good so far, liking the stunts they now seem to be able to run. Project Sammie Lee Hill looks like Sammie Lee Flop. Andre Fluellen sighting = El Stinko.
LB-The little sledgehammer Zach Follett was neither Sledge or hammer. He was out of position regularly and made not one play. Clearly not ready. Peterson looks like he needs much more help to be effective, so he isn't. Levy, didn't see much of him, so when the D broke, he was a part of it. And when the Levy breaks...
The secondary is going to flood. Bly may be our best player there. arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhh. Houston is like betting on the Lions, he may be close,but he never covers. Phillips is star of exhibition, but don't see him making plays on passes. This is pathetic, I can't discuss the rest.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: X-Game thoughts

Postby Mrpu » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:20 pm

some of my thoughts on last nights game....

QB...overall I would say Stafford is making progress and looks more comfortable in the pocket, I do agree he looked a little like Scott Mitchell once he needed to move. I guess the positive thing was he wasn't flushed out of the pocket that much.

RB...Best is by far the best option we have here, I would like to see Dorsey run with the 1's because there is a chance he may be the second best RB on the team. Brown looked lost and I thought he was fast? Smith looked ok and glad to see him recover and it is a great story but great story's don't win games.

OL...It is pre season but they looked dare I say....good?

DL...As a unit they were able to apply some pressure, VDB looks to be a good signing and Suh wasn't as good as last game. McBride and Cohen looked to like they were able to push the middle but Sammie hasn't really impressed as of late. I also noticed Willie Young getting in on the action. The D line could be solid all year as the 2's were sufficient.

LB...oh boy this is not looking good what so ever, Levy was ok for his first game back, Zach looked like he's trying to get himself back onto special teams and Peterson looks his age. We are in big trouble at this spot. Kind of wish they would of kept Sims.

DB...oh god i just threw up in my mouth....enough said.

So far I do think the Lions with "compete" in more games but 5-7 wins will be they will get.
Mrpu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: X-Game thoughts

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:19 pm

I was only able to see the 1st half...both times I tried to see the second half I missed it.

What I liked:
Stafford throwing catchable passes
Calvin catching TDs
The O-line keeping pressure off Stafford
The D-line still causing pressure
The excitement I get when Best hits the line
A road win (I don't care if it the pre-season or not)

What I didn't like:
Seeing the offense stall in the red zone - seen that too much the past few years
Scheffler dropping TD passes
Giving up too many 3rd down conversions in key situations
The sadness I get when KSmith enters the game

Overall the game stats looked very nice compared to Denver. Like I've said all along, I think they will be more improved and more exciting this year, but not sure it will translate into wins just yet. All I'm looking for right now is a season to hope, and so far I'm getting that. The Lions have a chance to surprise some teams, what they do with that I guess we'll see
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Return to Detroit Lions